Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Trouble Resolution Specialist I/II
at Windstream Communications
This Troubleshooting Resolution Specialist will be responsible for the resolution of external client trouble incidents in a technical support environment. Technicians utilize their networking, hardware, and software skills to diagnose, qualify, and resolve client issues. Duties include comprehensive troubleshooting of facility, service, and feature based issues on a converged voice and data network. Technicians must be team oriented, have technical troubleshooting experience, and be able to work with internal and external contacts on behalf of our customers. Technicians must be self-motivated, client-centric, and possess the ability to apply dynamic policies and knowledge to resolve complex issues.
- Drive resolution of complex advanced services with minimal involvement from Tier 3
- Communicate clearly with customer during lifecycle of ticket. This includes realtime updates, next steps, analyze prior tickets to ensure first call resolution
- Responsible for identifying underlying carrier issues by isolating transport issues, call quality issues, or layer 3 and driving the vendor to resolve.
- Expected elevated level of involvement in escalating with suppliers (internal & external) as necessary
- Identify/evaluate issues with latency, jitter, packet loss, MOSS scores that create quality issues with customers services
- Manage real-time support and changes on managed firewall services or SDWAN applications
- Leveraging internal tools, work with customers where customer owned LAN applications are likely causing poor service and make recommendations on solutions
- Ensure resolution of issues is clearly documented in internal systems.
- Where applicable reach out to internal peer organizations when design changes, additional bandwidth, or customers in jeopardy are present
- Identification and proactive notification to leadership when escalations are required in advance of customer request
- Escalation to management of service interruption patterns, to assist in the identification of potential network service effecting issues.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills (ability
to speak with confidence and clarity to technical and non-technical contacts)
• Advanced service analytical skills focused on network and configuration management
• Utilize available technology to efficiently and proactively perform outreach to customers
• Self-driven and capable of managing high ticket volume with complex services
• Ability to upsell services or renewals when available while working with customers during repair events
• Ability to collaborate with other organizations as needed related to trending or service issues
• Demonstrate uncompromised integrity by acting and communicating openly, honestly and fairly in everything you do
• Proactively resolve obstacles that interfere with job performance and/or job satisfaction
• Schedule Adherence of 98% (attendance, punctuality, breaks/lunches)
• Ticket Quality Score of 90% (monitoring 4-8 tickets per month, for ticket quality and customer status)
• Meet a 100% goal of Customer Status on Trouble Tickets
• Advanced understanding of voice network architecture, firewall/SDWAN applications, network/circuit testing processes, MPLS, T1 and DSL installation/trouble-shooting procedures, and number portability process.
• Off hours and Weekend availability may be required as needed to service clients
• Flexibility to work varied shifts to provide support to your team on an as needed basis, based upon customer calling patterns
• 5-10 years Meta Switch experience or other SoftSwitch platform
• Proven ability to multi-task, utilizing time management and work prioritization skills
• Advanced level technical competence in a Windows-based environment
• Proficient in utilization of vendor test and ticketing systems (LSI, Retas, EBTA)
• Passionate focus on client responsiveness and ability to generate customer confidence
Associate's Degree in a technical discipline and 3-4 years technical/telephony experience with 3 years directly related to the job; or 6 years of directly related telephony or network operations experience and/or an equivalent combination of education and directly related experience required.