Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Design Engineer - #996172
at WaveLink Incorporated
- 07-Feb-2019 to 08-May-2019 (CST)
- Huntsville, AL, USA
- Full Time
Job Title: Design Engineer / Systems Integrator
Under the direction of a team lead the Design Engineer will create requirements, develop design documentation, and assist in development efforts as required. You will be expected to develop a technical understanding/expertise to design Telemetry and Control Room Systems, Hardware In The Loop (HWIL), and System Integration Lab (SIL) testbeds. You will be part of a team that is responsible for balancing risk as it pertains to budget, schedule, and scope of assigned projects.
Preferred technical expertise will be prioritized in the following order:
- Department of Defense experience, especially associated with Aviation or Missile systems, or instrumentation and tracking systems for Telemetry
- Control room integrated audio-visual systems
- Electronics/electrical experience with Avionics systems
- Design and Prototype experience
- Technician experience, either Electrical or Mechanical, including Electrical Component Manufacturing, Assembly, or Testing
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Must be willing to positively participate and contribute in a team environment, possess self-motivation skills, be dependable and trustworthy
- Must be able to problem-solve, communicate effectively and possess proficient organizational, interpersonal, and multi-tasking abilities
- Mechanical aptitude, ability to interpret standards, specifications, procedures, drawings
- Communicate and coordinate with suppliers where engineering input is required to develop specifications for products and/or components
- Participate in developing project plans, test plans, and writing test reports; assist with creating, maintaining, and revising product project plans and effectively communicate project deadlines
- Assist engineers and designers with required engineering expertise to complete design activities
- Assist engineering staff in instructing others in interpreting the information supplied on detailed drawings.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA's):
- Must have working knowledge of MS Office and CAD software in 2D design
- Knowledge of engineering design standards and manufacturing capabilities
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Able to plan, prioritize and organize
- Create product documentation: technical drawings, BOM's and ECO's.
Education, Training and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in one of the following: Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or related discipline. In lieu of a degree, additional work experience is acceptable.
Minimum of 10 years of related experience
WaveLink Overview: WaveLink, Inc. (WLI) is an expanding, woman-owned small business based in Huntsville, Alabama, providing sensors engineering, aircraft integration & interoperability, acquisition lifecycle management, and cyber security support to the U.S. Army. WLI provides a comprehensive benefit package, with competitive salaries in a proactive, employee-oriented work environment.
Primary Location: Huntsville, Alabama
Clearance Level: Must be a US Citizen and have an active DoD Security Clearance.