Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Analyst - #997390
at WaveLink Incorporated
- 08-Feb-2019 to 09-May-2019 (CST)
- Huntsville, AL, USA
- Full Time
Job Title: Business Analyst
Qualified candidates should be able to perform detailed analyses of configuration management (CM) processes and customer requirements to formulate procedures to facilitate process improvement for multiple government organizations. The candidate will document requirements, define scope and objectives, and formulate solutions. The successful candidate will serve as a facilitator between various customer and client organizations while providing recommendations regarding process development and refinement, functional requirement definition, and workflow analysis. Candidates must be able to provide detailed verbal and written communications via briefing charts, proposals, and other technical or project-based information and develop plans, policies and procedures to manage various business activities and functions.
- Project Management - providing long-range planning, expert technical guidance, requirements definition, risk analysis, risk mitigation, solution recommendations and project schedule development.
- Communication, Facilitation and Mentorship Interact with clients and customers to present recommended solutions, provide project status, and formulate business requirements.
- Analyze problems and provide a written report to the customer with a recommended course of action.
- Benchmark existing business processes.
- Elicit requirements using customer/site visits, document analysis, requirements workshops, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following artifacts as needed: (Functional requirements (Business Requirements Document), Use Cases, GUI, Screen and Interface designs)
- Interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Will serve as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the software development team through which requirements flow.
- Be the liaison between the business unit, development team and support team.
- Responsible for training documentation, creating and conducting presentations to be used for end-user training, marketing, and demonstrations.
- Conduct software testing in support of software releases.
- Provide and update content for public website.
Will work under the direction of management and team leads. Will become intimately familiar with a business process and partner closely with a customer lead and the user community. May lead some smaller analysis efforts but generally takes direction from a more senior level. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
Requires sitting for extended periods of time at a desk.
Inside office environment. Requires ability to interact professionally with co-workers and all levels of management.
Equipment and Machines:
Requires ability to operate a personal computer, a telephone, copier, and other general office equipment.
Attendance is critical. Work days are Monday through Friday. Being prompt is important to provide continuous and on-going service to customers. Attendance is important to maintain continuity of service. Work outside of normal duty hours may be required with as little as one hour advance notice. Overtime is infrequent, but important when required.
Other Essential Functions:
Duties of this position are considered complex and require analytical problem solving skills. Applicants must demonstrate considerable problem solving ability, discretion and independent judgement. Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
*Travel will be required to various military installations and customer locations (10%).
Requirements - Knowledge/experience with Microsoft Office/Windows and/or help desk is a benefit to the position. Candidates with prior experience supporting DOD customers will be highly considered. Knowledge of the Multi-User ECP Automated Review System (MEARS) is a plus. Public speaking is required.
WaveLink Overview: WaveLink, Inc. (WLI) is an expanding, woman-owned small business based in Huntsville, Alabama, providing sensors engineering, aircraft integration & interoperability, acquisition lifecycle management, and cyber security support to the U.S. Army. WLI provides a comprehensive benefit package, with competitive salaries in a proactive, employee-oriented work environment.
Primary Location: Huntsville, Alabama
Clearance Level: Must be a US Citizen and have an active DoD Security Clearance.