Vulcan Materials Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Maintenance Repairman - Night Shift
at Vulcan Materials Company
OVERVIEW OF VULCAN MATERIALS COMPANY Vulcan Materials Company is the nation's largest producer of construction aggregates and a major producer of aggregates-based construction materials including asphalt and ready-mixed concrete. We run our business with great discipline and integrity.
At Vulcan, our people share a competitive drive for excellence, in an environment of trust, teamwork, positive reinforcement, open-mindedness and communication.
Ours is a culture of mutual respect, integrity and committed spirit. Opportunity, community and unity is our way of doing business. We call it The Vulcan Way.
Primary duties include:
• Responsible for servicing all plant equipment and assisting in the area of plant maintenance
• Oil and grease moving parts of friction surfaces of mechanical equipment, such as shaft and motor bearings, sprockets, drive chains, gears, and pulleys, according to specified procedures and oral instructions
• Operate, inspect and maintain a material handling conveyor system
• Report machinery defects or malfunctions to supervisor
• Have the ability to assist with routine maintenance and repair of stationary equipment
• May clean stationary equipment at plant and conduct housekeeping duties
• Perform duties safely, responsibly and proficiently observing all safety and health rules.
• Review lubrication reports and service records and under close supervision, perform oil lube and filter service on all assigned equipment as directed
• Provides assistance in equipment inspections and identify conditions (wear, alignment, function, etc) and monitor performance as directed
• Report plant and/or equipment conditions to appropriate personnel as required. Assist plant and/or shop personnel with repair and maintenance
• Maintain good housekeeping practices on equipment
• Follow VMC lub manual and guidelines and plant equipment service manuals
OVERVIEW OF VULCAN MATERIALS COMPANY
Vulcan Materials Company is the nation's largest producer of construction aggregates and a major producer of aggregates-based construction materials including asphalt and ready-mixed concrete. We run our business with great discipline and integrity.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• High School Diploma/GED or an equivalent combination of training and work experience
• Entry level to intermediate experience in maintenance area
• Prior experience in maintenance of fixed equipment preferred
• Will work outdoors and exposed to varying and/or extreme weather conditions (i.e., heat, wet, cold, etc)
• May work in high and/or precarious places or cramped work space that requires getting into awkward positions.
• Must be able to stand, walk, or sit for extended periods of time; grip, climb, reach, shovel, squat, crawl, or pull, push, as well as, bend and lift 45 pounds
• Vulcan Materials Company offers a competitive compensation program and benefits package including: medical/dental/vision, paid holidays and vacations, life insurance, 401(k) with match and flexible spending accounts.
Vulcan is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law from discrimination.