Vulcan Materials Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Crane and Lowboy Operator
at Vulcan Materials Company
Vulcan Materials Company is the nation's largest producer of construction aggregates and a major producer of aggregates-based construction materials including asphalt and ready-mixed concrete. We run our business with great discipline and integrity.
The candidate will be required to safely operate and maintain a 60 ton truckcrane. In addition, the candidate will be required to have a valid CDL licenseto drive the crane on the road to any location in the Southern Gulf CoastDivision where our crane services may be needed.
Thecandidate will also drive / operate a tractor trailer lowboy to performassigned tasks related to heavy equipment (load and unload heavy equipment fortransport, safely secure equipment to be transported per D.O.T. and Companyrequirements, gather proper permits, and other duties as assigned)
- Safely perform pre-shift and post-shift inspections and completes daily equipment reports.
- Reports unsafe mechanical conditions to shop foreman and supervisor.
- Maintains good housekeeping practices on equipment.
- Follows established traffic patterns avoiding tire hazards and other hazardous conditions.
- Must be willing to work a rotating schedule with varying shifts and must be punctual in adhering to established start times.
- Candidates must be able to work in a heavy industrial environment, exposed to weather elements, some noise; must have ability to work independently and problem-solve while working alone or as part of a team.
- Minimum: High School Diploma (or GED) with relevant industry experience and work background.
- Must possess a valid Commercial Driver's License Class A and valid license to drive a crane on the road.
- Must have double and triple endorsements, or be willing to obtain.
VulcanMaterials Company offers a competitive compensation program and benefitspackage including: medical/dental/vision, paid holidays and vacations, lifeinsurance, 401(k) with match and flexible spending accounts and muchmore!
Vulcan is an EqualOpportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receiveconsideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability orgenetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected bylaw from discrimination.