Vulcan Materials Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Accounts Payable Specialist
at Vulcan Materials Company
Vulcan Materials Company is the nation's largest producer of construction aggregates and a major producer of aggregates-based construction materials including asphalt and ready-mixed concrete. We run our business with great discipline and integrity.
Summary Description ofPosition:
These positions work ina team environment to provide proficient payment service in a shared serviceenvironment. Specifically, the team works to ensure accurate and timelyprocessing of invoices with a goal of payments within allowed discount/supplierpayment terms. Payment services include check, electronic, and wire services.This positions primary responsibilities will be providing problem resolutionand customer service to our internal and external customers with communicationand interaction with buyers, division procurement specialists, strategicsourcing team leaders and suppliers.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive, reconcile, and process for payment all invoices.
- Assist customers (vendors and division personnel) with quality customer service.
- Research problem invoices utilizing reporting and other available tools.
- Assist customers in the resolution of system matching errors.
- Daily initiate generation of checks, ACH and other electronic payments.
- Audit employee expense reports
- Analyze vendor statements and take appropriate action to resolve discrepancies.
- Review potential duplicate payments to suppliers, and make corrections as necessary.
- Run and distribute operational reports to assist specialists with their responsibilities.
- Recommend process improvements for efficiencies
- Record and communicate statistics and performance measures to respective buyers, sourcing team leaders, suppliers, Division Procurement and Accounting.
- Imaging and indexing of documents as needed.
- Organizing and managing flow of documents from mail room, to imaging, to AP Specialists to filing system. Maintaining workflow area of Imaging system.
- Provide backup for 2-3 functional areas within the Payment Services department. Assist Supervisor in setting goals and determining path to accomplish
Education, Experience,Skills Required:
High school diploma isrequired. Strong interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skillsand the ability to work within a team environment are essential. Experience inprocurement and accounting with emphasis in payables is desired. Intermediatecomputer skills required, and experience with ERP software is preferred.
Vulcan Materials Company offers a competitive compensation program and benefits package including: medical/dental/vision, paid holidays and vacations, life insurance, 401(k) with match and flexible spending accounts.
Vulcan is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law from discrimination.