Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Shotblaster 2nd shift
at Valmont Corp
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
Valmont is currently seeking a highly motivated and talented individual for the Industrial Shotblaster position (2nd shift) in our Paint Department. We are looking for a highly driven individual to shotblast galvanized poles on first shift in our Paint area. Additionally, you may…
- Shotblast poles using a shotblast hose
- Maintain and operate shotblasting equipment properly and safely
- Ensure high quality products with visual quality check
- Complete appropriate paperwork/log books
- Assist in masking and taping as needed
- Work closely with the Long Side Finishing Department
- Wear required personal protective equipment and follow facility safety regulations
- Maintain a safe and productive working environment
What it takes
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Must be mechanically and technically inclined
- Able to read, write, and calculate simple mathematics.
- Able to pay attention to detail and understand/follow instructions
- Able to train and apply training in the paint department
- Able to communicate and interact with coworkers in a positive manner
- Able to recognize and solve practical problems or issues
- Able to work in a team environment with a diverse group of people
- Able to communicate problems and ideas effectively to co-workers, supervisors, and managers.
- Minimum six months experience using a forklift and/or overhead crane
- Minimum six months experience sandblasting or shot blasting
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
Highly qualified candidates will also possess:
- Minimum one year of experience using a forklift and/or overhead crane
- Minimum two years of experience sand blasting or shot blasting.
- The ability to meet production, safety, and quality standards in a high-paced working environment
- Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- A high awareness for safety at all times
- Passion and integrity with the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
- The ability to self-supervise at times
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment, call (402) 963-1115 or email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Valmont Industries is a leading producer and distributor of products for the infrastructure and agriculture markets.
Valmont Industries began in 1946 when our founder, Robert B. Daugherty combined his $5,000 savings and wholehearted belief that business could and should be done better. Since that modest start more than half a century ago, our company has grown to be an international leader in engineered products and services for infrastructure and water-conserving irrigation equipment for agriculture.
From the lighting and traffic structures that guide your way, to communication towers and utility structures that power your home and business, to irrigation equipment that waters the croplands on which your food is grown, Valmont products improve lives worldwide.
Valmont Industries operates in five primary business segments: Engineered Support Structures, Utility Support Structures, Coatings, Energy and Mining, and Irrigation. Valmont (VMI) is publicly traded on the NYSE.
We focus on two global markets: infrastructure and agriculture. Valmont Industries is present in 23 developed and developing countries, offering 27 brands from more than 80 facilities. International sales represent a significant portion of our revenues.
Valmont’s employees are passionate about the products we make. Along with our customers, they are the cornerstone of our success. We pride ourselves on being people of integrity who excel at delivering optimal results. We pursue opportunities for growth by taking our products and processes to new markets, introducing new products to regions where we have a presence, and continually improving our services to ensure that Valmont solutions are second-to-none.