Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Valmont Corp
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
Valmont is currently seeking a highly motivated and talented individual for the Maintenance Mechanic position in the Global Coatings Division at our Steele, Alabama location. We are looking for a highly driven individual that will performance maintenance and repair at the site. Additionally, you will…
- Perform routine and scheduled maintenance procedures
- Perform industrial maintenance using tools and equipment of several trades such as carpentry, plumbing, welding, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic
- Conduct daily, weekly, and monthly inspections throughout the plant to ensure all equipment is operating properly
- Install and configure new equipment as well as dismantle and replace defective or old parts and machines
- Adjust necessary equipment to ensure efficient and safe operation
- This job requires walking, standing, sitting, pushing, pulling, kneeling, squatting, lifting
- This job requires use of hand and power tools
What it takes
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum two years of experience in Industrial Maintenance
- A proven working knowledge of pneumatic, hydraulic, and mechanical systems
- The ability to recognize and solve practical problems or issues
- Minimum two years of experience using hand and power tools
- The ability to operate a forklift and overhead crane
- The ability to climb and work from ladders, man lifts, scissor lifts, cranes and roofs.
- Must be able to lift, push or pull up to 50 lbs
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
- This job requires walking, standing, sitting, pushing, pulling, kneeling, lifting, reaching, bending and squatting
Highly qualified candidates will also possess:
- An Associate’s or Technical degree in Industrial Maintenance or related field
- Three or more years of previous experience in an Industrial Maintenance position
- Two or more years of previous experience operating hand and/or power tools
- The ability to communicate and interact with coworkers in a positive manner
- The ability to pay attention to detail and follow work instructions
- Must have a high awareness for safety at all times
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Valmont Industries is a leading producer and distributor of products for the infrastructure and agriculture markets.
Valmont Industries began in 1946 when our founder, Robert B. Daugherty combined his $5,000 savings and wholehearted belief that business could and should be done better. Since that modest start more than half a century ago, our company has grown to be an international leader in engineered products and services for infrastructure and water-conserving irrigation equipment for agriculture.
From the lighting and traffic structures that guide your way, to communication towers and utility structures that power your home and business, to irrigation equipment that waters the croplands on which your food is grown, Valmont products improve lives worldwide.
Valmont Industries operates in five primary business segments: Engineered Support Structures, Utility Support Structures, Coatings, Energy and Mining, and Irrigation. Valmont (VMI) is publicly traded on the NYSE.
We focus on two global markets: infrastructure and agriculture. Valmont Industries is present in 23 developed and developing countries, offering 27 brands from more than 80 facilities. International sales represent a significant portion of our revenues.
Valmont’s employees are passionate about the products we make. Along with our customers, they are the cornerstone of our success. We pride ourselves on being people of integrity who excel at delivering optimal results. We pursue opportunities for growth by taking our products and processes to new markets, introducing new products to regions where we have a presence, and continually improving our services to ensure that Valmont solutions are second-to-none.