Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Valmont Corp
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
How you will contribute
Valmont is currently seeking a highly motivated and talented individual for the Maintenance Assistant position in the Global Coatings Division at our Steele, Alabama location. We are looking for a highly driven individual that will assist in the performance of maintenance and repair at the site. This is an entry level assistant to the maintenance mechanic. Additionally, you will…
- Perform routine and scheduled maintenance procedures
- Assist in the performance of industrial maintenance using tools and equipment of several trades such as carpentry, electrical, plumbing, electronics, welding, etc.
- Conduct daily, weekly, and monthly inspections throughout the plant to ensure all equipment is operating properly
- Assist with the Installation and configuration of new equipment as well as dismantle and replace defective or old parts and machines
- Adjust necessary equipment to ensure efficient and safe operation
- This job requires walking, standing, sitting, pushing, pulling, kneeling, squatting, lifting, reaching, grasping, bending
- This job requires use of hand and power tools and some basic knowledge in carpentry, electrical, plumbing, electronics, welding, hydraulics and pneumatics
What it takes
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum one year of experience in an assistant maintenance or lead man position
- Some working knowledge of pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical, and mechanical systems
- The ability to recognize and solve practical problems or issues
- Minimum two years of experience using hand and power tools
- The ability to train to operate a forklift and overhead crane
- The ability to climb and work from ladders, manlifts, and scissor lifts.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Highly qualified candidates will also possess:
- Three or more years of previous experience in an assistant or helper position in Industrial Maintenance
- Two or more years of previous experience using hand and/or power tools
- The ability to communicate and interact with coworkers in a positive manner
- The ability to pay attention to detail and follow work instructions
- Must have a high awareness for safety at all times
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Valmont Industries, Inc. is a leading producer and distributor of products and services for the infrastructure and agricultural markets.
Valmont began in 1946 when founder, Robert B. Daugherty, combined his $5,000 savings with a wholehearted belief that business could and should be done better. From those modest beginnings, the company grew into a global leader of engineered products and services for infrastructure, and water-conserving irrigation equipment and solutions for agriculture.
From lighting and traffic structures to guide the way, to communication towers that keep people connected, to utility structures that power homes and businesses, to irrigation equipment and technology that helps grow the world’s food, we are committed to Conserving Resources. Improving Life®.
Four primary business segments comprise Valmont: Engineered Support Structures; Coatings; Irrigation and Utility Support Structures. We manufacture products in over 80 different facilities spread across 6 continents and do business in over 22 different countries. Valmont is publicly traded on the NYSE under the symbol (VMI).
We are passionate about our products. We pride ourselves on being people of integrity who excel at delivering results. We pursue opportunities for growth by taking products and processes to new markets, developing new products for existing markets, and continually improving across the company to ensure that Valmont solutions are always the global industry leader.