Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Allied Universal
We are North America’s leading security services provider with over 200,000 phenomenal employees. At Allied Universal, we pride ourselves on fostering a promote from within culture. There are countless examples of individuals who began their career as Professional Security Officers and today hold positions on our senior leadership team.
ResponsibilitiesK-9 Officer Position Type Full Time Req ID 2020-434577 Work Days Available Monday - Friday,Saturday - Sunday
Allied Universal is currently seeking a K-9 Officer for the K-9 Services Division. The position is accountable for the delivery of K-9 Services for assigned sites. It is responsible and accountable for assigned deployments and established patrols, and the care, custody and control of a company-owned canine, to include but not limited to, proper housing and transportation standards. The position must maintain K-9 Team training standards (as established by Allied Universal), training coordination/administration, tracking K-9 team financials, and vehicle maintenance records.
- Deploy and patrol with K-9 at assigned work sites
- Conduct routine and prescribed searches utilizing the K-9
- Maintain K-9 Team training standards
- Administrative duties, such as but not limited to, cost tracking, accident/incident reports, daily activity logs, training logs, and vehicle maintenance logs
- Maintain an expansive and contemporary knowledge in K-9 tactics
- Liaison with clients, senior corporate staff and Allied Universal field management
- Develop and deliver K-9 demonstrations to new clients and the general public
- National travel as necessary
- Maintain K-9 team certifications as required by Allied Universal
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prior experience in dual purpose (patrol/detection) K-9 handling desired
- A combination of formal education, training, and skills possessed by an individual with related coursework and practical work experience in security, military and/or the law enforcement industry necessary
- Valid state driver's license in good standing
- Ability to travel as required
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines. Must be highly organized and able to keep executive on track with required information available at all times.
- Must be highly proficient and fully functional in all Microsoft Office applications and able to effectively utilize all available office management technology including PDAs, Nextel phones/pagers, mail merges, Access databases, Outlook and Internet applications.
- Professional, articulate and able to use good independent judgment and discretion. Must have proven ability to maintain correspondence, discussions and materials in strictest confidence. Must be able to work overtime as needed.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required with the ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization while functioning as a team player.
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America’s leading security services provider. With over 200,000 employees, Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: www.AUS.com.
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.