UAB Health System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at UAB Health System
Graduate from an accredited Technical Schooland three (3) years of related experience required. Work experience may substitute for educationrequirement. Currently licensed with aJourneyman Plumber Registration by the State of Alabama Plumbers and GasFitters Examining Board required. MedicalGas Certification and Backflow Preventer Certifications are preferred.
Must maintain a valid driver's license, issuedin the United States. Motor Vehiclerecord will be obtained and reviewed at least annually. Driving record should meet Universityunderwriting standards to drive vehicle in performance of University business.
Candidatemust demonstrate verifiable skills in the following:
- Basic Mechanical Aptitude
- Trades Mathematics
- Trades Communication
- Steam Fitting/Pipefitting Personal
Possess the necessary physical requirements, with or without theaid of mechanical devices, to safely perform the duties and responsibilities ofthis position to include:
- Lifting and carrying a minimum of fifty (50) pounds
- Climbing stairs, ladders and scaffolding, and working at heights above thirty (30) feet
- Performing tasks requiring bending, stooping, kneeling, and walking significant distances between and within buildings on campus
- Working in confined spaces
- Working within extreme temperature ranges
Incomplete job profiles will not be processed. Please becertain to showcase depth and breadth of experience on your application andresume, as they relate to the needs of the job announcement.