Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Network Administrator II
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 85c6ec59-7106-44fd-a437-5e38d00db339
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities
- Assist in developing, implementing and maintaining policies, procedures, and programs for ensuring the security and integrity of company data, databases, information systems, and technology. Coordinate, test, and administer disaster recovery and resumption plans. Implement data models, database designs, data access, and table maintenance codes.
- Support, monitor, test, and troubleshoot hardware and software problems pertaining to LAN. Recommend and schedule repairs. Provide end users support for all LAN- based applications.
- Troubleshoot network performance issues and maintain disaster recovery plans. Recommend upgrades, patches, and new applications and equipment.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of network communications. Use knowledge of LAN/WAN systems to help design and install internal and external networks. Test and evaluates network systems to eliminate problems and make improvements.
- Responsible for the settings, configuration and maintenance of LAN/WAN and related hardware/software. Provide troubleshooting pertaining to LAN/WAN to meet users' needs. Take initiative for the network security and systems upgrades.
- Work with the design, development, implementation, and optimization of messaging systems. Ensure the consistency and compatibility of all messaging applications.
- Provide documentation/project tracking and management reporting. Provide tactical and strategic input on overall network planning and related projects.
- Troubleshoot network access problems and implement network security policies and procedures. Ensure network (LAN/WAN, telecommunications, and voice) security access and protect against unauthorized access, modification, or destruction.
- Install, configure, and administer company networks, including WAN links and IDF Network switches. Troubleshoot network performance issues.
- Maintain VMware virtual servers and system.
- Engineer and implement new networks/systems, and associated hardware/software.
- Maintain SAN and Fiber Network as directed.
- Monitor set-up, daily operation, configuration, and replacement of company server hardware/firmware and software, including e-mail, spam filtering and web servers.
- Install, configure and manage company internet monitoring software including virus/spam prevention software and protocols, firewall/VPN user configuration, and penetration testing.
- Research and recommend upgrades, patches, and new applications for network and server operations.
- Provide advanced technical support and guidance to users.
- Maintain and configure company wireless devices, and associated peripherals.
- Assist with research for and implementation of department projects.
- Configure and maintain mobile encryption, laptop security and removable media encryption.
- Forward issues to the IS Project Coordinator and communicate effectively with other IS members to support department functionality.
- Jointly work with other staff to maintain a safe work environment and implement safe operating procedures to ensure an accident-free record.
- This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the Associate. At all times, Associates may be required to follow instructions and to perform any other duties within this or a higher/lower job level upon the request of the supervisor.