The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
SR TRANSPORTATION OFFICER
at The Geo Group
Facility: Montgomery Processing Center
Compensation Base: 24.97
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position serves as a lead worker assigned by the Transportation Manager in high risk operations and high-profile federal government transportation contracts and must possess a CDL Class B with a (“P”) passenger endorsement. It also is responsible for securely transporting detainees between destinations and ensuring that the vehicles used for transportation activities are safe and properly maintained. Finally, this position assists management when unexpected problems arise to develop effective and efficient solutions.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists management when unique or unexpected problems arise while transporting detainees. Helps to develop effective and efficient solutions.
- Reviews all vehicle inspection reports. Develops summaries for Transportation management and notes commonalities from the reports. Suggests solutions as necessary.
- Ensures that all permits and licenses for all assigned vehicles are in order.
- Verifies that vehicles have the necessary safety equipment before initiating a trip. Notifies the Transportation management if there are problems before assignments.
- Properly tracks DOT HOS on Electronic Logging Devices.
- Assists with interviewing and screening of applicant Transport Officers when required.
- Reviews all necessary paperwork and reports in an accurate and thorough manner. Ensures that all reports are turned into the Transportation management according to described policies and procedures.
- Ensures that all missions meet or exceed PBNDS/FBNDS safety measures while transporting detainees.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required. Possession of applicable state requisites for employment. Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Two (2) years of experience as a Transportation Officer.
- Demonstrated leadership experience.
- Must have completed an approved training program resulting in a certification of satisfactory completion in Corrections, Law Enforcement, or Military.
- Certification in Corrections, Law Enforcement, or Military.
- A current driver’s license (CDL Class B with Passenger Endorsement) with no preventable accidents, suspensions for driving convictions, Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) or Driving Under the Influence (DUI) or more than two (2) moving violations on any type of vehicle for the past three (3) years.
- Passing a company and Department of Transportation (DOT) drug and alcohol test.
- Ability to work overtime frequently.
- Ability to travel extended periods of time with frequent overnight stays.
- Ability to handle physical and mental stress associated with working extended hours.
- Must be able to regularly report to work without being late.
- Ability to be physically alert on any shift that is assigned.
- Ability to work up to sixteen (16) hours within a rolling 24-hour period.
- Must be mature, flexible, and able to command the respect and confidence of inmates or detainees and staff, philosophically committed to the objectives of the facility, and possess a high tolerance to mental stress.
- Ability to pass a Company and Federal Client background investigation.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.