The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: ALABAMA THERAPEUTIC EDUCATION CTR (ATEC)
Compensation Base: $15.41
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position develops and implements comprehensive treatment plans for a caseload of residents. It assesses and identifies clinical issues for each resident and creates clear objectives and goals for them. It also tracks and documents resident progress in case reports while working to meet all required internal and external contract standards and policies.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides case management and individual and group counseling for an assigned caseload of residents.
- Creates, updates and maintains case records on each assigned resident and a timely and thorough basis.
- Utilizes crisis intervention techniques as emergency situations arise.
- Utilizes conflict resolution strategies in resolving situations.
- Completes comprehensive assessment of clients’ substance abuse history and treatment requirements and develops individualized treatment plans. Documents all assessment and treatment planning
- Completes monthly behavioral evaluations for an assigned caseload of residents
- Prepares and leads case presentations to internal staff and contract agency staff
- Presents individual counseling/group lectures and didactic presentations weekly based on the areas of Relapse Prevention, Anger Management, Parenting Skills, Life Skills, Criminal & Addictive Behaviors, and Co-occurring disorders.
- Facilitates community meetings
- Develops aftercare treatment plans.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Services discipline
- Drug and alcohol treatment credentials from the state in which the position functions is preferred.
- Master's degree in Counseling, Psychology, Social Work, Criminal Justice or Human Services is preferred.
- Experience working with a corrections population is desired along with substance abuse treatment experience.
- Substance abuse or domestic violence certification or the ability to become certified is preferred.
- Ability to write clear concise reports in English using correct grammar.
- Must be able to react quickly and appropriately in an emergency situation.
- Organized, and demonstrated strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
Equal Opportunity Employer