Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Process Engineer (PVC Extrusion/Lamination)
Join Tarkett, a global leader in innovation flooring solutions and sports surfaces. We believe our entrepreneurial culture is what differentiates us from the competition. So if you've got what it takes, we invite you to CHANGE THE GAME WITH US!
POSITION SUMMARYTarkett is seeking a Process Engineer to join his project team in Florence, Alabama. This position reports directly to the operation project Director and will be responsible for planning, designing, and implementing safe, repeatable manufacturing processes. This position will evolve to Extrusion / lamination process specialist for our Florence Campus. This position will work in collaboration with the operations team to ensure that a quality product is delivered to the customers safely and on time.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead a major project from concept to industrialization.
- Partner with EHS to ensure equipment, machines and processes adhere to guidelines and create a safe working environment
- Design, plan, and layout plant systems, equipment, and machines for optimal efficiency
- Specify and recommend equipment and process to ensure quality level
- Anticipate and resolve technical processing issues
- Ensure interface with the various internal stakeholders
- Utilize WCM tools and/or Lean Principles and Six Sigma to ensure a successful project start
- Participate in and lead multi-functional teams to solve production problems
- Bachelor's degree in engineering required
- Polymer/plastics experience in sheet and film
- Experience in project management in a manufacturing environment
- > 5 years of experience as a process engineer in extrusion / lamination
- > 5 years of experience as a project engineer leading equipment installation
- Proven track-record using World Class Manufacturing, Six Sigma, or lean tools to streamline processes; optimize production and/or quality of products
- Team oriented, self-motivated and innovative
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Willingness to work closely with operation and "live" the processes for which responsible.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Project and AutoCAD