Starbucks Coffee Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Store Manager - Birmingham, AL
at Starbucks Coffee Company
Now Brewing – Future Leaders! #tobeapartner
From the beginning, Starbucks set out to be a different kind of company. One that not only celebrated coffee and the rich tradition, but that also brought a feeling of connection. We are known for developing extraordinary leaders who share this passion and are guided by their service to others. Our assistant store managers drive business success by doing the right thing for partners (employees), customers and communities.
As a Starbucks leader you are driven by a deep sense of purpose. You are aspirational and you take action to make a positive difference every day, while inspiring others to do the same. You bring a fresh perspective, entrepreneurial spirit, and thrive in environments that foster meaningful and lasting relationships.
We've designed an 8-12 month hands on management training program that allows you to build on your supervisory experience, coaching skills, coffee/ tea passion and business acumen all in preparation for managing a store. You will work alongside your team while learning how to take on the role of running a multi-million dollar business, of leading great teams, and building a meeting place in your community. Our goal with the program is to develop future store managers. Following successful completion of the training program you will be given the opportunity to be one of our world class leaders.
Using a mix of online learning, classroom training and hands on mentorship, you'll learn how to:
- Grow a successful, multi-million dollar business: drive sales leveraging your business acumen, efficiency and problem solving skills
- Nurture talent & lead a team: engage the hearts and minds of your team and develop their skills so that they realize their personal best, both as individuals and as thriving teams.
- Inspire others: become a dynamic brand ambassador dedicated to driving and achieving results through your team
We'd love to hear from people with:
- Two years progressively responsible retail experience and 1 year customer service experience in a retail environment OR
- 4 years of US Military service
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Entrepreneurial mentality with experience in a sales focused environment
- Minimum High School or GED
Let us give you the opportunity to grow as an individual, to build lasting relationships and make an impact in a place where people, quality and value mean everything.
It's time for you to be a part of a great workplace too; it's time for you #tobeapartner, apply today!
Starbucks is an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals; including minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, and regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity. Starbucks will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all federal, state, and local ordinances.