Shelby County Alabama
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Technician, Aviation Services - Temporary Service
at Shelby County Alabama
- Job Summary
This posting for the Technician, Aviation Services is for a temporary service, hourly position performing work for the Shelby County Facility & General Services Department, Airport Division and this position works non-standard hours and on a temporary basis as needed. Work involves greeting and servicing the needs of aircraft, flight crews and visitors to the airport, documenting all inbound shipments of materials and products, inventory scrutiny and the sales of all products, the movement, parking and securing of aircraft and aircraft fueling operations. The position involves routine facilities inspection, maintenance and housekeeping tasks, manual labor including both heavy and light physical labor in a wide variety of activities and may occasionally include the performance of semi-skilled tasks that may be learned on the job. The position may also require performance of other tasks as may be assigned from time to time by the Supervisor.
- Qualifications and Requirements
- High diploma for a state accredited high school or G.E.D. equivalent from a state certified program. In the State of Alabama a Certificate of Attendance does not constitute a high school diploma. If you indicate on your application that you have a high school diploma and it is determined that you don't, your application will automatically be disqualified.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Work irregular hours during periods of emergencies and when required to perform operational tasks associated with airport operations.
- CDL license.
- Hazmat training.
- Private Pilot's License.
- Physical Demands & Work Environment
Work is medium to heavy in nature and consists of walking, bending, lifting, shoveling, carrying and driving.
Work is mostly performed outdoors in all types of weather (i.e., rain, storms, extreme hot and cold temperatures).
- Conditions of Job Offer and Employment
- Possess and maintain a valid Driver's License
- Complete Background Check (repeated periodically during employment) including, but not limited to:
- Social Security Record Inquiry
- Criminal History Inquiry
- Sex Offender Database Inquiry
- Motor Vehicle Report/Driver's License/Driving Record Inquiry
- Past Employment Verification
- Education Verification
- Pre-employment physical examination with County designated physician
- Pre-employment drug test at County designated test location
- E-Verify Eligibility to Work in United States
- Work beyond normal work shift or schedule
- Available for on call work after hours and on weekends as needed and as required by supervision and management.
- Random drug tests after hire at County designated test location