Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Character Artist AGS
SAIC has an immediate need for a Senior Character Artist looking to join a tight knit team and help develop extraordinary 3D characters and interactive stories? SAIC is looking for a talented Lead Character Artist to use their strong modeling, texturing, technical and creative skills to create award-winning 3D assets supporting the Army Game Studio's next AAA title for console and PC.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with game designers and engineers in creating 3D assets that meet or exceed performance goals.
- Mentor less experienced artists in their development of good work practices.
- Work with technical artists and engineers in the development and streamlining of tools and processes.
- Keep abreast of advancing technologies which could be used to improve visual quality or development processes.
- Maintain a proactive attitude towards team- wide art and development issues.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree and 10 years of experience is required. [4 additional years of experience will be accepted in lieu of degree].
- Portfolio of work demonstrating proficiency as a 3D Character Artist.
- Demonstrable traditional art skills.
- Self-driven with good communication skills.
- Above average proficiency in Maya, 3ds Max, Substance Painter, Photoshop, Z-brush or equivalent.
- Understanding in creating textures and models in varying art styles.
- Unreal Engine 4 experience (or equivalent game engine) a plus.
- Must exhibit excellent artistic skill and understanding of physically based lighting and materials.
- A keen eye for spatial composition, lighting and building compelling 3D assets.
- An understanding of effective asset creation and optimization.
- Excellent ability to create textures and work with complex shaders.
- Previous experience creating high quality 3D models.
- Organic terrain and hard surface modeling experience a plus.
- Leadership experience working with cross discipline and external teams.
- Must be autonomous while working on set tasks from the schedule.
- Must have the ability to problem solve and define best work practices within their assigned area of work.
- Strong communication skills.
- High degree of self-motivation and initiative.
- Positive attitude.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability