Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Principal Software Engineer (C#)
JOB DESCRIPTION: This position is for a Software Engineer to develop and sustain a Force Protection software system. The system contains Windows Server and Workstation applications and services, sensors and cameras, as well as interfaces to other systems.
Activities will include: performing software analysis, design and development according to existing coding standards and guidelines; interpreting and analyzing requirements obtained/derived from customers; reviewing, verifying and/or validating system specifications and other design-related documentation. The primary goal will be the development of documented, reliable, well-tested, extensible and maintainable code. Other activities include working with System Engineers and test teams, as well as supporting demonstrations, test events and development of system documentation.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline and 9 years of experience (equivalent experience accepted in lieu of degree).
- Candidate must have the ability to design, develop, debug and test software in C#.
- Candidate must have a strong understanding of object oriented development.
- Candidate must have the ability to work well in a team development environment.
KEY AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF)
- Developing for DirectShow, MPEG2, MPEG4, or other digital video transport applications.
- C , .NET, Sockets, XML, Unit Testing (Python), Multi-threaded development, UML, SVN.
- Cyber Security experience a plus.
- Experience developing for DirectShow, MPEG2, MPEG4, or other digital video transport applications experience a plus.
- Experience with WPF is highly desired.
- US Citizenship and ability to get Secret Clearance is required for this position.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability