Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Force Protection Electrical Engineer (5 years)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 437111
SAIC has an exciting opportunity for a Force Protection Electrical Engineer. As a Force Protection Electrical Engineer you will be joining a team of creative problem solvers focused on combining different systems to form single, integrated force protection solutions. This is a great opportunity for engineering professionals who enjoy thinking outside the box to solve puzzles and problems, and taking leadership/ownership over their work. This is also a very hands-on position, so this is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys being out in the field working with technology.
- Researches, designs, develops, modifies, evaluates and tests a variety of electronic equipment and systems, including radar and radiation detection equipment; radio, television and other communications equipment and systems; circuitry components; analog and digital computers; and control and test equipment.
- Conducts experimental tests on equipment and evaluates results. Develops specifications for selecting components and equipment to use. May also review vendors' abilities to support development.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS AND ABILITY:
- Complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in the field.
- General knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet outlined objectives.
- Provides direction to employees according to established policies and management guidance.
- Work is reviewed by management to measure whether objectives have been met.
- Provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable and consistent with organization objectives.
FREEDOM TO ACT:
- Works under only general direction. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions.
- Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Contributes to completion of specific programs and projects.
- Failure to obtain results or erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in serious program delays and considerable expenditure of resources.
- Frequent inter- organizational and outside customer contacts.
- Represents organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience
SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAICs approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits.EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability