Port of Huntsville
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Grounds and Landscape Worker
at Port of Huntsville
- Grounds & Landscaping
- Huntsville, AL, USA
- Full Time
Huntsville-Madison County Airport Authority
($28,711 - $43,065)
The Huntsville-Madison County Airport Authority is accepting applications for the position of Grounds and Landscape Worker. Job duties include: Assist in maintaining appearance of entire airport grounds by mowing, edging, weed-eating, blowing or vacuuming, installing plants and mulch, pruning trees and shrubs, repairing irrigation, applying herbicide and fertilizers, surface painting, litter pick up, small and large event setup, maintaining signage, and light preventive maintenance on equipment. Applicant should have knowledge of:
• Methods of landscaping
• Use and care of motorized equipment and hand/power tools used in grounds/lawn maintenance work.
• Irrigation maintenance and repairs.
• Occupational hazards and safety precautions applicable to grounds/landscape and maintenance work.
• Cultivation, weed control, seeding, and planting of trees, shrubs, annuals, and perennials.
• Proper use of chemicals, fertilizers, and pesticides.
• Methods and procedures of lawn, airfield, and grounds maintenance
Applicant must have valid driver's license.
Competitive pay plus excellent benefits: Family Health, Retirement, Disability, Health Reimbursement Account, etc.
The Huntsville-Madison County Airport Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace