Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Instructional Systems Designer
at Pinnacle Solutions
|Title:||Instructional Systems Designer|
|ID:||103 - 19|
Pinnacle is seeking an Instructional Systems Designer to support our Engineering business area. Pinnacle, headquartered in Huntsville, AL, is a leading innovator, developer, and provider of defense and aerospace products and services. Pinnacle fosters a corporate culture with many opportunities for advancement and career progression. We are a dynamic, fast-paced organization that is experiencing exponential growth. Pinnacle has been on the Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Companies list in 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019! Pinnacle offers competitive, traditional benefits, and we are excited about our Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)!
About Huntsville -
Military, space, telecommunications, biotechnology, diversified manufacturing and a variety of emerging specialties provide challenging work in delightful surroundings. The area enjoys a favorable cost of living and quality of life. Mountains, lakes, woodlands and the Tennessee River accommodate numerous recreational activities. A temperate climate enhances the season for outdoor sports, including world-class golf, hiking, biking, and fishing. Major concerts, Broadway and symphony performances, extensive permanent collections and traveling exhibitions contribute to a wonderful way of life.
Huntsville, Alabama is one of the most recognized cities in the Southeast - consistently named as one of the best places to live and work by a variety of national publications. Our city is regularly named as a premier location for both business and quality of life.
Pinnacle Solutions, Inc. is seeking an experienced Instructional Systems Designer (ISD) to support the development of multiple Interactive Multimedia Instruction (IMI) products. The ISD will be an internal resource responsible for courseware development and will collaborate with software engineers, graphic artists, multimedia designers, and other ISDs to analyze both technical and non-technical content while creating engaging instruction and effective assessments. The ISD will contribute to multiple phases of program development including requirements definition, design, integration, test, and other duties as needed or required.
• Minimum of three (3) years of experience in instructional systems design is required. Experience in instructional systems design for government programs preferred.
• Knowledge of instructional design and adult learning principles is required.
• Practical experience utilizing the ADDIE model is required.
• Experience conducting front end analysis to collect and analyze data of various complexity levels is required.
• Experience working with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) is required.
• Ability to develop wireframes, storyboards, and learner assessments is required.
• Excellent communication skills to include the ability to interface with development team members, management, and customers is required.
• Proficiency with MS Office applications is required.
• Experience designing scenario-based learning is a plus.
• Strong background in proofreading and editing is a plus.
• Knowledge of U.S. Army Training and Doctrine Command (TRADOC) desired.
• Knowledge of Shareable Content Object Reference Model (SCORM) desired.
• Knowledge of Section 508 Compliance desired.
• Experience with Captivate 2017 desired (Captivate 2019 is a plus).
Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field of study, or relevant experience can substitute for a degree.
Master’s Degree in Instructional Design, or coursework towards an Instructional Design degree desired.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS (Certifications, Etc.)
Must be capable of obtaining/maintaining a Secret security clearance.
Travel up to 15% required.
Must be a US Citizen.
Pinnacle Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans