Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Machine Learning Developer (#1169524)
- 19-Aug-2019 to 18-Oct-2019 (PST)
- Huntsville, AL, USA
- Full Time
PeopleTec is currently seeking a Machine Learning Developer to support our Huntsville, AL location.
The candidate will support our customers with cutting edge technologies and products for analyzing cybersecurity-related network data, along with opportunities in other event-driven problem sets involving imagery, audio and text.
The successful candidate will: mine and analyze data from network logs to drive improvement of operating methods, anomaly and event detection, and network defense strategies; evaluate the effectiveness of adversarial models used to attack existing machine learning algorithms; assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and industry-leading learning techniques; develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets; use predictive modeling to increase and optimize operational outcomes; develop what-if models with A/B testing framework and test model quality; coordinate with different functional teams and stakeholders to implement models and monitor outcomes; develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
- Experience using web services: Redshift, S3, Spark, etc.
- Strong mathematical and statistical background
- Experience with distributed data/computing tools: Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, SQL Server, etc.
- Adept at software development with the desire and aptitude to become proficient in machine learning techniques, methods, and algorithms
- Passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to improve decision making
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams
- Drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques
- Travel: Up to 5%
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
A Bachelor's Degree, Masters, or Ph.D. in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field with 2-4 years of experience with the skills specified above is required. Will consider new graduates with an exceptional academic record, especially those with advanced technical degrees.
- Experience using log file analyzers and visualization tools such as Splunk, Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana (ELK), both on premises and in the cloud
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SLQ, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets
- Knowledge and experience in advanced statistical and data mining techniques (GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text mining, social network analysis, etc.)
- Experience with applications that serve inferences from trained models
- Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and techniques (simulation, scenario analysis, clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks
- Experience working with and creating data architectures, including open source tools such as Tensorflow, Torch/PyTorch, Keras, and MxNet
- Experience analyzing data from 3rd party providers: Microsoft Azure, Google APIs
PeopleTec, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in its job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following email address, HR@peopletec.com and/or phone number (256.319.3800) to contact us about your interest in employment with PeopleTec, Inc.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. PeopleTec, Inc. participates in E-Verify.