Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
User Experience Designer
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
Northrop Grumman is seeking an experienced User Experience Designer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals located in Huntsville, AL.
We are looking for a practiced user-experience (UX) designer who is able to understand business and customer requirements, as well as technical limitations. The UX designer will be responsible for collaborating with UX researchers to translate data into sitemaps, task flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes. The UX designer will also be skilled at balancing user needs and business demands, and effectively communicating those needs through designs and documentation. This individual needs to be able to collaborate and integrate with various disciplines involved in the development of complex systems.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Ability to understand both customer and end user requirements in an operational environment
• Facilitate the customer's product vision by conceiving, sketching, and prototyping experiences for digital products
• Translate research data into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences
• Be flexible and iterate designs in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous, environment
• Collaborate with team members and stakeholders
• Use one or more industry standard design and prototyping tools to create wireframes, visual designs, and interactive prototypes
• Participate in design critiques and take suggestions with grace
• Make and articulate strategic design decisions on existing products and conceptual product ideas
• Communicate the value of UX to stakeholders
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
• Bachelor's degree in graphic design, industrial design, or HCI-related field, and 2-3 years of experience. Minimum 4 years' UX experience will be accepted in lieu of a Bachelor's degree in related field.
• Demonstrated experience with one or more visual design tool and one or more prototyping tool
• A clear understanding of the importance of user-centered design
• Openness to receiving feedback and constructive criticism
• A portfolio of previous work
• Ability to travel up to 25%
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance
Candidates with these desired skills and attributes will be given preferential consideration:
• DoD experience
• Experience with message shaping and storyboarding
• Experience on an Agile team
• Active Secret Clearance
• Experience leading and growing junior UX professionals
• Ability to conduct user research and design exercises, such as field observations, user interviews, focus groups, brainstorming sessions, ethnographic research, contextual inquiry, design studios, and card sorting.
• Proficiency with design software such as Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe XD, Axure, and/or front-end web development ability
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.