Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Principal Multimedia Designer / Multimedia Designer
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems sector is seeking a Principal / Multimedia Designer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Huntsville, AL; where technology and teamwork come together to create world-class training products. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's very successful Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) Training Products Team, responsible for delivering training products geared for a military audience on a multitude of MS sector programs. The ILS Multimedia Designer is responsible for the development of computer-based training products; interfacing with peers, internal customers, and management; interviewing Subject Matter Experts; testing of products; delivering quality. Candidate will interface with internal customers and participate in internal decisions to meet program commitments. The successful candidate will be a goal oriented, self-starter who shares the vision of the team and the corporation. He or she will be able to work with a diverse group of Technical Writers, Multimedia Designers, SMEs, and Instructors, who vary in skill levels ranging from the entrant to the advanced. Must be able to clearly present thoughts and ideas to a wide range of audiences. Must be a productive individual contributor as well as a team player that knows how to get the job done. Must know when to take action and when to seek further guidance. Must have strong written and oral presentation skills.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Provide support to management in answering RFPs that relate to training material development.
• Solve problems by identifying root causes and providing solutions to superiors when required.
• Ensure materials comply with appropriate DIDs, SOWs, MIL-STDs, and NG processes and procedures.
• Interface with internal customers while attending meetings and participating in IPTs .
• Complete other tasks as assigned .
• Perform research to solve problems and create presentations.
Basic qualifications for a Principal Multimedia Designer are:
5 years applicable experience with Bachelors in Science; 3 Years with Masters Degree. Bachelor's Degree in Instructional Design, Education, Adult Learning, Training, Communications, or other field related to multimedia designing, writing and production. Four years of additional experience may be considered in lieu of a college degree.
Bachelors in Science degree with two years applicable experience in design and development of Computer Based Training (CBT) instructional materials. 0 Years experience with Masters degree. Bachelor's Degree in Instructional Design, Education, Adult Learning, Training, Communications, or other field related to multimedia designing, writing and production.Four years of additional experience may be considered in lieu of a college degree.
• Strong multimedia design skills.
• Strong technical skills. Must be active learner of hardware and software applications.
• Ability to quickly grasp and communicate technical subjects clearly and concisely.
• Strong interviewing and listening skills; must be able to ask the right questions of the subject matter experts (SMEs).
• Strong usability and testing skills; must take an active role in validation of documentation.
• Advanced Microsoft Office product suite skills
• Intermediate Adobe Creative Suite Skills, to include Flash, InDesign, Captivate, and Photoshop
• Beginner to intermediate knowledge of SCORM and how it applies to a Learning Management System
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Expert Captivate skillset with experience using the computer generated voice plug-in
- SAT or ISD Certification with three years of experience writing these types of training products
- ITC or TAITC Certification with Senior or Master Instructor Certification
- Knowledge of TRADOC Reg 350-70 and all associated PAMs
- Technical Editing/Writing Certifications
- Formal Adobe Creative Suite training and/or certifications
- 6 years of experience designing and developing CBT that is SCORM 1.2 and/or 4.0 compliant for use on an LMS
- Good organizational skills.
• Ability to work and adjust to changes in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Must be a team player
- • Must be self-managing and self-motivated
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.