Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
TheLaunch and Missile Defense Systems Division of Northrop Grumman SystemsCorporation has an opportunity for a junior-level Contractsprofessional to support the Missile Defense Solutions Business Unit and,specifically, operations within the MissileDefense Weapons Systems Operating Unit. The successful candidatewill possess leadership qualities and be able to provide responsible advice andcounsel on a wide range of contractual and business issues under moderatesupervision and perform in all matters involving the interpretation andapplication of company contracting policies and procedures.
Thesuccessful candidate will be responsible for cradle to grave contractactivities from the business developmentphase throughcloseout, delivering customer satisfaction, building customer relationships andtimely responses to both external and internal customers. Requires planning and executing successful contractnegotiations of a moderately complex nature and achieving targeted profitrates, as well as producing favorable terms and conditions to assist inmitigating risk and meeting overall financial goals. Requires ability to assess situations and makeappropriate recommendations and/or take appropriate actions. Responsibility forprioritizing tasks/proposal activities and working on multiple taskssimultaneously is key. Successful candidate will have the ability to workindependently and will seek requisite management guidance as necessary and willreport directly to the OU Contracts Manager. Position providesguidance and will work collaboratively with a multitude of organizationsranging from technical, program, finance, global supply chain, and security forseamless contract administration.
Position located in Huntsville, AL
- 3 Years with Bachelors; 1 Year with Masters in Contract administration or related field.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Demonstrated leadership, critical thinking and, innovative behaviors in past projects, roles, or experiences
- The willingness and ability to travel domestically up to 10% of the time
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US Secret level security clearance is required. US citizenship is a prerequisite.
- Knowledge of pricing principles and FAR/DFARS and associated Federal Contracting regulations a must.
- Ability to apply sound judgment to proposal strategy, contract formation and customer relationships. Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Secret Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.