nmr consulting, inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
AV Tech II
at nmr consulting, inc
AV Tech II
Location: Huntsville, AL
Clearance: Active Secret clearance, clearable to TS
• In support of client events, install (to include design and test), operate, and maintain video conferencing equipment
• As requested, provide video conferencing event planning packages consisting of test plans, engineering assessments, configuration drawings, accreditation documentation (as required) and other applicable documents or information
• Monitor the status of scheduled and ad hoc conferencing bridged events to ensure availability and quality of service
• Provide technical operational support of the Video Services Operation Center (VSOC) and Video Control Center (VCC)
• Configure and monitor video conferencing scheduled and ad hoc event bridges
• Schedule conferencing events and collaboration sessions utilizing scheduling tools
• Provide technical operational support in the client's auditorium. Operate audio/visual equipment to include movie projectors, cameras, lighting, curtains and other stage systems, and peripheral equipment
• Provide VTC facilitation support in other locations
• Provide VTC and collaboration system facilitation to other users
• Provide VTC and A/V operational support and facilitation within cleared facilities
• Maintain the video conferencing-unique hardware, software, and peripherals. (e.g., TelePresence, CODEC, AV, Gateways, TMS, Monitors, Projectors, AMX Panels).
• Utilize the existing incident management tracking tool (e.g., Remedy) for all related maintenance activities
• Maintain equipment per Information Assurance guidance (e.g., the CERT IAVM and DISA DVSG)
• Troubleshoot and resolve collaboration and business application incidents
• Perform preventative maintenance services in accordance with the manufacturer's recommended preventative maintenance schedules and SOPs
• Execute configuration management plans, processes, and procedures
• Maintain client collaboration systems and all associated VTC peripheral equipment associated with the client auditorium, and future operations/control centers and collaboration systems, and all associated peripheral equipment to successfully execute video conferencing and/or collaboration events
• Maintain/utilize manufacturer service and/or maintenance agreements
• Coordinate, integrate, implement (including test, and accept), future collaboration services and equipment
• Manage and utilize COMSEC materials and procedures to ensure video conferencing systems are operational and properly keyed to enable secure Video Conference events
• Maintain accountability of electronic keying material and COMSEC Controlled Item (CCI) equipment
• In conjunction with site security processes, comply with access control procedures for facilities housing Video Conferencing systems
• Maintain currency with advancing technologies and provide recommendations for new technologies, including technology refresh, to the Government
• Prepare, review, coordinate, update, and submit DOD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP) supporting documentation
• Applicants selected must currently possess the required security clearance, will be subject to a government security investigation, and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
• High school diploma or G.E.D. required
• College Degree preferred
• Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in the Audio Visual industry
• Individual must possess the following skills: in-depth knowledge of installation, operation, scheduling and support of desktop and conference room VTC systems in a secure government or military environment including ISDN and IP, Inverse Multiplexers, CODECs and H.320/H.323 protocols.
• Working knowledge of AV concepts such as acoustics, lighting, aspect ratios, font size versus distance, scan rates, video standards and transmission systems.
• Working knowledge of TEMPEST standards and IA concerns for multi-classification multimedia systems.
• Must possess an extremely meticulous and organized working style and have an ability to work as part of a team
• Strong verbal and written communication skills experience is important, responsibilities will include extensive team and customer contact
• Proficiency with Microsoft Windows and Office products in required
• Proficiency with Computer aided Drafting/Computer Aided Drawing application (AutoCAD/Visio) is required
• Understanding electrical current (a plus)
• Tandberg/Cisco systems installation, maintenance and troubleshooting
• Experience with AMX Control system installation. Ability to install control System Hardware and Download Control System Source Code Ability to troubleshoot existing source code.
• Experience with Audio Digital Signal Processing Equipment (Biamp and ClearOne). Ability to Download DSP Configurations. Ability to troubleshoot DSP Configurations.
• Lutron lighting and shade system installation (programming a plus)
• Knowledge and experience with computer network configuration
• Experience with KIV Secure Systems
• CEDIA Certification a plus
• CTS Certification a plus
• CTS-D Certification a plus
• CTS-I Certification a plus
NMR Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE): AA M/F/Vet/Disability