Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Seasonal Sales Representative Relief
at nestle USA
Are you interested in an EXCITING CAREER with an AMAZING COMPANY with OUTSTANDING EMPLOYEE BENEFITS?
•Schedule: Seasonal- 120 days Max- Monday-Friday- 5a-5p- 50 Hours a week
•Auto & Home Insurance
•Cell Phone Service Discounts
•Employee Assistance Program
•Employee Discount Programs
•Health Rewards / Rally
•Infant Formula Program
•Nestle Nutrition Store Discounts
•Parental Support Policy
•ReadyRefresh-Home Delivery of Nestle Waters products at a Discount
•Real Recognition Points
•Tobacco Cessation Resources
•Vehicle Purchase / Lease Discounts
As one of “The World's Most Admired Food Companies” in Fortune magazine, Nestlé provides quality brands that bring flavor to life every day. The Nestlé Dreyer's Ice Cream division serves to provide world class service to frozen grocery accounts across the country. Products include industry leading brands such as DIGIORNO pizza, DRUMSTICK ice cream snacks, and HӒAGEN-DAZS premium ice cream.
The Sales Representative - Relief's primary function is to provide relief coverage to Sales Representatives and other full-time sales positions, including covering open routes due to vacancies within the district. This position maximizes sales of Nestlé products at various customer sites and provide excellent customer service through safe and effective planning, selling, ordering, and in store servicing while demonstrating sound safety practices. Sales Rep Reliefs identify and act on selling opportunities, make secondary placements, gain extra displays, use Point of Sale (POS), and make effective sales presentations through use of sales data. This role works directly with store managers and store personnel to ensure a high level of sales and customer service is provided in retail accounts. The position requires both driving to grocery store customers in a personal vehicle, for which mileage reimbursement will be provided per company policy, and a company vehicle. Knowledge and compliance with Department of Transportation (“DOT”) standards, meals/break policies, etc. is mandatory.
• Incumbent will work as a sales relief, filling temporary vacancies (planned and unplanned) for Sales Representatives and other full-time positions, inclusive of merchandising. Will require coverage across broad geographies and may require overnight visits.
• Identify and act on selling opportunities, utilize problem solving techniques to respond to competitor activities, maintain/increase space, participate in store resets when necessary, make secondary placements, gain extra displays, use Point of Sale, make effective sales presentations and effective use of sales data.
• To drive new sales and maximize customer relations: establish and maintain rapport with key store individuals, communicate to customers or manager about service matters, adhere to route schedule (Deliver, Merchandise and Order, also known as “DMO”), properly order authorized product, maintain proper inventory, set stores to schematic and ensure proper display, rotation and pricing or all products, manage out of stocks, replace outdated or damaged product, execute promotional displays, perform product resets according to plan-o-grams and schedules, maintain company owned equipment, and properly handle paperwork.
• Follow operational standard procedures that outline route schedules, merchandising principles, filling frozen shelves with product, rotating product regularly, and front facing product. Responsible for timely product deliveries and coordination with back room receivers and store personnel.
• Communicate directly with co-workers on issues, specifically Delivery Drivers and Merchandisers, openly share ideas with others, encourage performance in others, give feedback when needed, and train new employees when applicable.
• Demonstrate Decision Driving skills including, but not limited to, proper following distance, proper eye lead, proper stopping distance, checking intersections, using safety wedge, proper use of horn, left/ right turn execution, seat belt use, checking and scanning mirrors, maintaining proper speed, proper lane observance, parking in appropriate locations and avoiding backing-up. Incumbent must be in compliance with DOT standards and follow all DOT policies and processes. Keep a clean and orderly cab and trailer.
• Conduct activities in a safe manner, follow corporate safety guidelines and requirements (no cell phones while driving, pre-trip/ post-trip inspections, proper bending, etc.), use personal protective equipment, proactively address any unsafe conditions observed and lock vehicle.
• Attend monthly district meetings, participate in daily meetings with management and prepare necessary documentation as required.
JOB ESSENTIALS/ ATTRIBUTES:
• Effective sales and presentation skills to drive for results and win in the marketplace
• Ability to practice safe working habits at all times
• Initiative: Self-starter, gets involved quickly, takes on difficult tasks with enthusiasm. Takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required.
• Energy: Maintains high activity/productivity level. Operates with sense of urgency, efficiency, effectiveness and determination over extended periods of time.
• Stress Tolerance: Maintains stable and professional performance under pressure or opposition
• Detail: Strives to understand the details. Balances, analyzes and takes appropriate action. Solid planning, detail oriented and organization skills.
• Communication: Presents ideas effectively, actively listens, and works across functional boundaries with the ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and store personnel. Ability to influence others.
• Teamwork: Can work in group or alone; oriented towards the good of the whole. Contain ability to build rapport and good working relationship with multiple store personnel, including Store Managers, Assistant Store Managers and Frozen Food Managers, as well as co-workers.
• Manage job professionally and with a high level of organization
• Ability to effectively deal with change and adversity in the work place, and work in a fast paced environment
• Demonstrate ability to deliver consistent results while building organization capabilities.
• Ability to respond to change with positive attitude, offer suggestions for improvements to increase effectiveness of change, support new initiatives, and maintain an open mind.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS & EDUCATION LEVEL:
• Must be at least 21 years of age for DOT covered positions
• High School Diploma / GED equivalent
• Must have reliable transportation to and from work
• Must have a valid driver's license and reliable vehicle with valid insurance
• Must have a valid, unrestricted Class B Commercial Driver's License (CDL) or a Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP) with ability to obtain a Class B CDL within 30 days of hire, with a driving record satisfactory to established company requirements
• Successful completion of post offer background checks, drug screen, DOT physical and motor vehicle report
• Must live within 50 miles or 60 minutes of primary work location
• Must be willing to work a flexible schedule which may include early morning/late night hours; Willing to work any day of the week, weekends, Holidays and required over-time as specific to role
• Must possess basic math and computer skills
• Ability to use computer ordering equipment
• Ability to work safely
• Ability to read, write and speak English
• 1-2 years of Sales Representative experience required
This description should not be construed to contain every responsibility that an incumbent in this job may be required to perform. Incumbents are required to perform other related functions assigned.
Benefit eligibility will vary based on full-time, part-time, and seasonal employee status. The above list is for illustrative purposes only and reflects current benefit offerings. Nestlé retains the right to change or discontinue benefits at any time, in its sole discretion.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.