Neptune Technology Group Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mechanical Project Engineer
at Neptune Technology Group Inc.
The Project Engineer is responsible for the design, development, implementation, and testing of new products, or enhancements to existing products, while working within cross-functional development teams. The successful candidate will have a BS in Mechanical Engineering with 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience. Part design experience using a variety of manufacturing processes, including plastic injection molding, casting, stampings, and machining is desired. Experience designing packaging for electronics assemblies is a plus. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are necessary. Candidates with Project Management skills and experience leading cross-functional product development teams will be given preference.
- Participate in product design studies, evaluating options with respect to functional specifications, cost, and schedule requirements. Perform and submit to design audits and reviews to ensure integrity of the product design and conformance to professional and departmental standards.
- Work with engineering peers and direct support personnel as needed for project design, generation of drawings, documentation, prototypes, models, and design validation testing.
- Work with Marketing and Management to define project specifications, schedule, budget for projects. Assess resource requirements and establish justification for projects.
- Work with Manufacturing throughout the development process to successfully implement product designs smoothly into production.
- Maintain expertise in current and emerging metering and communications technologies and apply them to new products. Consult within the Neptune engineering community. Develop new ideas and inventions for use in products, protecting Neptune Technology Group intellectual property through disclosures and patent applications.
- Aid in formulating departmental standards, process and test specifications for use in the Engineering Department. Participate on company and industry standard committees as required. Advise and assist Manufacturing, Purchasing, and Sales to ensure timely development of tooling, production techniques, manuals, and literature for product introduction. Provide technical support to Sales, Marketing, and Customers for assigned products.
Education: Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering
Experience: Minimum 3 years engineering design experience in a Manufacturing environment. Ideal candidate will have direct experience designing parts using the following processes: Plastic injection molding, sand casting, machining, sheet metal stamping/forming. Candidate should have experience with 3D CAD solid modeling tools; PTC CREO preferred.
Skills: Candidate must have excellent communication skills and interact well with the overall Mechanical Engineering team. Problem solving skills are a must. Candidates with Project Management experience and presentation skills will be given preference. Specific skills and experience in addition to those listed above may be required for specific positions.