Neptune Technology Group Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manufacturing Support Specialist - Network Analyst
at Neptune Technology Group Inc.
The primary purpose of this job is to provide hardware and software support to manufacturing in both the Factory and Foundry. Duties will include hardware installation, support, and performance monitoring of maintenance for factory and foundry personnel and support for Bar Code Printers. An employee in this position will need training on termination of Ethernet cabling and computer hardware diagnosis. This position will require physical ability to carry 60 pounds, climb ladders, and operate the scissor lift in order to maintain and install network data cabling. The employee may be required to assist with the management of the SharePoint system and assist the Service Desk Manager or Network Engineer with other duties as assigned. The employee will support the Galaxy physical access control security system and the software package for our personnel badging system and/or the CCTV system including all security cameras and the NVR. This position will provide 1st tier Helpdesk support in conjunction with the Service Desk Technician and/or Network Engineer and will assist with duties in times of heavy workload. This individual will most likely require assistance with his/her duties until he/she becomes familiar with Neptune infrastructure and systems.
- Provide 1st tier helpdesk ticket support to manufacturing users as well as other employees to assist in the Service Desk Technician’s workload. This includes troubleshooting and fixing hardware and software issues as well as doing research on issues as needed. These duties also include setting up and deploying new PCs to end users.
- Provide tier 1 configuration, installation and support for Barcode and Deskjet printers. This includes troubleshooting printing issues and hardware issues as well as ordering, staging, and installing new printers as needed. This position will also be packaging and RMA-ing printers as needed.
- Assist the Network Engineer or Service Desk Manager with tasks as assigned.
- Manage and maintain both hardware and software for the Security Access Control System or CCTV system. This includes performing day-to-day resolution of problems with these systems.
- Provide management of network cabling. This included working with maintenance to run new cabling, terminating and testing cabling, or assisting with configuration and troubleshooting of the Sharepoint intranet site.
Education: Associates’ degree in MIS, Computer Science, or related field; 4 year degree preferred.
Special Training: PC Setup, repair and troubleshooting, network cabling and termination.
Location: Tallassee, Alabama