Neptune Technology Group Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CNC Technician - 2nd Shift
at Neptune Technology Group Inc.
CNC Technician position serves as an upper level of a CNC Operator. The CNC Operator is held to certain criteria as defined in the CNC Operator job description. The CNC Operator must meet these criteria along with the requirements listed below before he or she can be considered for the position of a CNC Technician.
- Must be able to establish and set tool lengths, including oversize bars.
- Must be able to establish fixed probe TRAM surface.
- Must be able to calibrate spindle probe manually.
- Must understand the controls of all machines.
- Must have the ability to operate all machines.
- Must be able to use shop math to figure depth of cut.
- Must be able to make non-complex adjustments.
- Must be able to read and understand program lines.
- Must be able to make slight edits and tool adjustments.
- Must be able to look at the condition of the cut and know how to remedy any problems.
- Must be able to change tools and inserts.
- Must be able to setup secondary operations where applicable.
- Must be able to read and understand prints.
- Must be able to use all measuring devices.
- Use of assembly fixtures, drill press, Arbor press, air hoses, miscellaneous hand tools, air dryer, ratchets, hammer, vise, manual material handling devices, lift tables, roller conveyers, and hoists.
- Must be able to make radical edits to programs if required.
- Must be able to troubleshoot machine problems.
- Must have knowledge of simple trigonometric functions related to setup of parts and edits to programs.
- Maintain a working knowledge of feeds / speeds and the ability to determine chip loads.
- Must demonstrate good problem solving abilities related to the machines and parts utilized within the department.
- Must aide in the development of the CNC operators in relation to the requirements of their position.
- Must aide in the scheduling of the department.
- Must work closely with the departmental supervisor by communicating conditions of inventory, quality, machine performance, and maintenance issues.
- Must have a working knowledge of programming in machine language.
Must have 2 years technical school and a minimum of 1 year of experience or the equivalent knowledge.
Location: Tallassee, AL