MSC Industrial Supply
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Customer Solutions Assessment Manager
at MSC Industrial Supply
Build a better career with MSC.
Serving customer and community starts with the very best people doing their very best work. That is precisely what we have at MSC Industrial Supply Co., a leading North American distributor of metalworking and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products and services. Watch HERE to find out why you should work at MSC and join us as we continue to build a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Requisition ID : 4104
Employment Type : Full Time
Job Category : Supply Chain Operations
Work Location : Birmingham, AL
State or Province : Alabama (US-AL)
Potential Work Location : United States : Alabama : Birmingham || United States : Alabama : Madison || United States : Alabama : Mobile || United States : Florida : Jacksonville || United States : Florida : Miami || United States : Florida : Orlando || United States : Florida : Tampa || United States : Georgia : Albany || United States : Georgia : Atlanta || United States : Georgia : Augusta || United States : Georgia : Norcross || United States : Georgia : Warner Robins || United States : Mississippi : Columbus || United States : Mississippi : Jackson || United States : Mississippi : Tupelo || United States : North Carolina : Charlotte || United States : North Carolina : Davidson || United States : North Carolina : Greensboro || United States : North Carolina : Raleigh || United States : South Carolina : Charleston || United States : South Carolina : Greenville || United States : Tennessee : Knoxville || United States : Tennessee : Memphis || United States : Tennessee : Nashville
This position will be supporting the Southeast Territory( Alabama, Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, North Carlina, Tennessee and Mississisppi). Candidate can be located anywhere within the Territory.
BRIEF POSITION SUMMARY:
The Customer Solutions Assessment Manager (CSAM) is responsible for supporting MSC’s sales teams with customer solutions and service program recommendations, descriptions and proposals. This includes customer qualification and discovery, the recommendation of MSC solutions based on using the MSC Business Needs Analysis, the measuring and monitoring implemented program performance, and field sales training. The objective is to position MSC as having the necessary expertise to become the Customer’s Trusted Advisor when developing and recommending solutions to our targeted customer segments. The CSAM acts as a Supply Chain Solutions Consultant and is responsible for partnering with MSC Sales associates to win large/new/incremental business. In accordance with MSC’s go-to-market strategy of “Built to make you better”, the CSAM will rely on the MRO-Go process and the Challenger method of sharing insights with customers in demonstrating their solutions expertise. The CSAM’s will spend the majority of their time on large “enterprise” customer opportunities, ideally greater than $1M per site, while developing additional methods to secure smaller opportunities including sales training materials, on-line self-help / assessment tools and other “plays” to assist sales in winning new business. Solutions recommendations can/will include Inventory & Crib Management, Procurement Process Efficiencies and data governance. CSAM’s will be considered experts on ALL MSC Inventory Management solutions as well as proficient in eProcurement, electronification of the supply chain and Crib Conversion.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with sales teams to qualify solution opportunities
- Determines appropriate response to opportunities after initial qualification
- Works with Customer Solutions Manager to maintain a current working priority list and backlog
- Once selected to conduct a Business Needs Analysis, interfaces with customers on pre-call overview and description of Needs Analysis site evaluations
- Requests required information from customer and sales team to perform the BNA
- Leads sales team in the on-site discovery of customer needs – current and future state.
- Performs Data Analysis as required in support of site evaluations and proposals
- Designs an MSC solution proposal in support of customer requirements and ensuring MSC’s profitability, operational, technical and business objectives are met
- Stays close to industry developments, supply chain enhancement, latest Inventory management practices, etc.
- Attend Industry Trade Shows as necessary (i.e. IMTS) as a solutions expert to support sales team.
- Works cross functionally with multiple teams to ensure alignment to capabilities and processes.
- Presents solution in conjunction with the sales team to customers advocating MSC’s value proposition.
- Offers guidance, as required, regarding awarded business and/or solutions implementation
- Measures and monitors implemented solutions and service program performance.
- Evaluates and validates all potential On-Site engagements
- Provides solution and services program training
- Maintains thorough understanding of all MSC Inventory Management solutions
- Maintains proficiency in MSC eProcurement solutions and capabilities
- Maintains proficiency in MSC Crib management capabilities
- Completes deliverables on time, as required by internal and external customers
- Seeks out continuous improvement opportunities within MSC’s processes, as well as customer
- Fosters the MSC culture throughout the company to ensure fulfillment of MSC’s mission and vision
- Participates in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Minimum of five years of experience or equivalent in manufacturing and/ or materials management and
- Supply Chain management
- Three years consulting experience in supply chain or inventory management preferred.
- Process evaluation and experience or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Lean / 6Sigma experience or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Management experience preferred
- AS400 experience preferred but not required
- Proficiency working with MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint, as well as mobile technologies
- Ability to present to, communicate with, and engage executive-level customer contacts
- P&L management and knowledge
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to think conceptually are required
- Problem solving ability is required
- Strong knowledge of MSC’s disruptive insights and how MSC’s solutions contribute to improved
- customer performance.
- Working knowledge of the Industrial Distribution industry and MSC supply chain services and solutions
- Must be able to work independently and efficiently with minimal direction.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills required, including both written and verbal
- Excellent organization and time management skills are required
- Excellent presentation skills required
- 50% travel or more is required
People. Collaboration. Insight. That’s how you build something that works.
Built on a foundation of trust, MSC works side by side with our customers to help them drive business results. With more than one million product offerings and 75+ years of experience across industries, MSC strives to help our customers achieve greater productivity, profitability, and growth through inventory management and other innovative supply chain solutions.
We care about our associates and have programs in place to help our 6,500+ team members achieve their potential. When you join our team, you will receive rewards and recognition for your contributions, training and professional development opportunities, as well as a variety of benefits to support you and your family's health, well-being, and financial future.
If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better career at MSC.
Equal Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.