Modern Technology Solutions, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Entry Level Acquisition Analyst
at Modern Technology Solutions, inc.
- # of Openings
- Clearance Required
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI), is seeking an Acquisition Analyst in Huntsville. At MTSI, our more than 1,000 co-owners recognize the high demand for specialized professionals within our industry and that you have many options to choose. As an employee owned company where culture matters, we believe that by investing in our people we are investing in our company’s future!
MTSI’s core capabilities run deep across a multitude of areas to include Systems Engineering & Technical Assistance, Integration, Modeling & Simulation, Test & Evaluation, Acquisitions & Program Support, and Mission Assurance services. Our expertise includes ballistic missile defense, air defense, air vehicle survivability, unmanned aircraft, flight test operations, intelligence support, cybersecurity, space and homeland defense.
Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in our industry. Eligible new co-workers start with 20 days PTO plus 10 federal holidays, 6% 401k company match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan.
For additional company information, please visit: www.mtsi-va.com
Position provides full-time dedicated support to Missile Defense Agency (MDA) Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS) program offices in Huntsville, AL.
MDA program offices develop, procure, and produce BMDS components (weapons, sensors, battle management, etc.). Program offices implement acquisition policy and processes for Agency procurements. Program offices are led by BMDS element program managers, functional leads, and senior program office staff to comply with direction/guidance and acquire BMDS capability. Program offices may be developing BMDS capability simultaneously in several acquisition lifecycle phases from initial research and development to production phases. Program offices develop acquisition strategies to support overall BMDS deliveries and report program execution status both internal and external to the Agency.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Position requires acquisition support for several major areas to include:
- Interpret MDA acquisition guidance and support acquisition planning and BMDS program integration;
- Prepare planning documents to coordinate integrated acquisition strategies within the BMDS;
- Support the development of acquisition implementing/operating instructions, directives, plans and policies;
- Review and provide analysis on various acquisition documents and products;
- Prepare BMDS acquisition documentation and executive-level decision papers;
- Prepare and staff DA actions for functional and technical review and comment; perform internal and external Agency coordination and reporting;
- Support the preparation and execution of executive-level Acquisition Strategy Panels and Boards, BMDS and BMDS component Acquisition Plans, program acquisition baseline reviews, acquisition lifecycle phase reviews; and other acquisition documentation and reviews;
- Develop and prepare acquisition documentation to support: activities to plan, coordinate and execute reviews of acquisition policy and documentation; daily, weekly, and monthly status updates and reports; and activities to develop and manage electronic tools used to create, store, retrieve and manage documents;
- Support the preparation of “smart-books”, and associated presentations products.
- Bachelors Degree
- Ability to provide collaboration, critical thinking, and data analysis:
- Ability to build briefs and to present data to leadership;
- Proficiency in MS Office suite
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills are essential;
- Current Secret Security Clearance required.