Madison Country Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Madison Country Schools
Madison County School District Position Description
Requirements stated herein are minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities to qualify for this position. To perform the duties and responsibilities of this position successfully, the employee must possess the abilities and aptitudes to perform each task proficiently. "Ability" means to possess and apply both knowledge and skill.
The methods of meeting these requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities. Some requirements, however, may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or others.
REPORTS TO: Principal
EXEMPT STATUS: Non-Exempt APPROVED: 12 MAY 05 Motion #77
Under direction, to perform a variety of skilled instructional functions pertaining to writing, reading and mathematic skill development processes; to assist in the conduct of intensified learning experiences; to perform routine clerical and supportive tasks to aid instructional personnel; and to do other related work as required.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- ·Aid instructional personnel with the presentation of learning concepts and materials in the conduct of writing, reading and mathematic instructional exercises.
- ·Skillfully tutor individual and small groups of students to reinforce and follow up writing, reading, mathematic skill development learning activities.
- ·Monitor and assist students in instructional writing, reading, and mathematic skill development drills, practice, and study activities.
- ·Manage student behavior through the use of motivational and positive reinforcement strategies and techniques.
- ·Prepare a variety of writing, reading, mathematic skill development materials and learning aids.
- ·Maintain a variety of records and files pertaining to student records and information, particularly pertaining to writing, reading, and mathematic skill development progress.
- ·Operate and aid students in the operation of a variety of instructional media, machines, and computer equipment.
- ·Administer and score criterion referenced and writing, reading, and mathematic aptitude tests, and record the results.
- ·Administer routine first aid and request assistance for serious illness or injury.
- ·Collect, assemble, catalogue, and distribute writing, reading, and skill development resource materials.
- ·Assist in maintaining an orderly, attractive, and positive learning environment.
- ·Participate in parent conferences as requested.
Basic concepts of child growth and development and developmental behavior characteristics;
Student behavior management, strategies, and techniques;
Instructional strategies pertaining to intensified writing, reading, and mathematic skill development processes;
English usage, punctuation, spelling, and grammar;
Basic arithmetical concepts;
Routine record management, storage, and retrieval systems and procedures.
Demonstrate an understanding, patient, and receptive attitude toward students experiencing writing, reading, and mathematic learning problems;
Communicate effectively in oral and written form and serve as an appropriate language model;
Perform routine clerical tasks and operate a variety of educational and office machines and computer equipment;
Utilize a variety of appropriate writing, reading, and writing instructional materials and procedures in the enhancement of a positive educational environment;
Understand and carry out oral and written directions;
Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with children and adults.
The physical requirements indicated below are examples of the physical aspects that this position classification must perform in carrying out essential job functions.
- ·Persons performing service in this position classification will exert 10 to 20 pounds of force frequently to lift, carry push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- ·This type of work involves sitting a portion of the time, but will involve walking or standing for extended periods.
- ·Perceiving the nature of sound, near and far visual acuity, depth perception providing oral information, the manual dexterity to operate business related equipment, and handle and work with various materials and objects are important aspects of this job.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable a person with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and skill is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required knowledge and skill would be:
Three years of paid or volunteer experience as an instructional aide, preferably assigned to writing, reading and mathematic instructional processes.
Possession of an Associate of Arts or higher degree, supplemented by 15 units course work or training in writing, reading and mathematic instructional technology.
or Assessment that demonstrates proficiency in writing, reading and mathematics at the level of a District high school senior.
Job Contact Information
Saturday, September 1, 2018 12:00 AM -
Sunday, March 31, 2019 11:59 PM
(Eastern Standard Time)