LEGACY Supply Chain Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Forklift Operator - Warehouse Associate 2
at LEGACY Supply Chain Services
LEGACY Supply Chain Services, a leading distribution, technology, and integrated logistics provider has been recognized by Inbound Logistics as a Top 100 3PL Provider and by Inc. Magazine as one of the 5000 Fastest Growing Companies in America.
We are currently hiring for a Warehouse Associate 2 for our Jurupa Valley, CA location. This position offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package including 401(k) with generous company match.
JOB SUMMARY: The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities for this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. The individual performing this job function is empowered with adequate authority to exercise the required duties and responsibilities of the position to ensure that all work performed meets or exceeds LEGACY SCS standards for safety, quality, productivity, and conduct.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform and document daily pre-shift inspections on Material Handling Equipment prior to beginning shift
- Prioritize Work load
- Un-loading of full pallets from in-bound shipments
- Sortation and bulk stacking of pallets to store zone
- Process put away pallets and add to facility inventory by successfully using WMS system
- Hauling completed outbound pallets from warehouse to loading area of the facility
- Loading pallets onto outbound trailers
- Bad pallet replacement when required
- Ensure cleanliness of work area is maintained
- Ensure Health and Safety requirements are met
- Cross training as required
COMMUNICATION & OFFICE SKILLS:
Ability to read, write and communicate effectively. The ability to operate office machinery is required, as well as to effectively operate on the computer systems and all required customer systems as well necessary personal computer programs.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- HS Diploma or GED
- Licensed Forklift Operator in Pro-pane Counterbalance, Pro-pane Exchange and Electric
- Experience within a Warehouse/Distribution Environment
- Knowledge of safety practices necessary to perform preoperational inspections of lift trucks
- Knowledge of the purpose and function of all components, devices and accessories commonly employed on lift trucks and how to carry out an inspection to determine if they are functioning properly
- Educated in Health and Safety in a Warehouse Environment
- Ability to work under time constraints while still recognizing the importance of inventory accuracy
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule
- Ability to physically lift 50lbs
- Ability to read understand sku’s and product
- Ability to work in other departments when required
- Willingness to be cross trained
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand sometimes in excess of 7 hours and use hands to handle or feel. The employee is frequently required to walk; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may periodically lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A small percentage of work time is spent in a warehouse where temperatures are hot or cold (seasonally).
LEGACY Supply Chain Services recognizes and values the diversity of its teammates, customers and business partners. EOE/M/F/D/V
For immediate consideration, please apply online at www.legacyscs.com, under careers.