Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Lear Corporation
Seating Systems Division
NATURE OF WORK: This is first line support work assisting the self-directed work teams on the production floor. Incumbents in this position provide support of all production functions by assisting plant employees in regard to daily assignments and tasks, training, and work schedules.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED (The following duties are typical for this classification. However, any one position may not include all of the duties listed, nor do the examples cover all of the duties which may be performed.)
- Enforces health and safety and environmental regulations.
- Assists in directing and coordinating the work activities of employees engaged in the assembly of seats.
- Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and team members as needed to make takt time.
- Reads and analyzes charts, work orders, production schedules, and other records and reports in order to determine production requirements and to evaluate current production estimates and outputs.
- Confers with management to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments.
- Assists in planning and establishing work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet production goals.
- Inspects materials, products, or equipment to detect defects or malfunctions.
- Demonstrates equipment operations and work and safety procedures to new employees, or assign employees to experienced workers for training.
- Observes work, and monitors gauges, dials, and other indicators to ensure that operators conform to production or processing standards.
- Confers with management or subordinates to resolve worker problems and complaints.
- Performs all other work as assigned by management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective distribution of goods.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership techniques, production methods, and coordination of people and material resources.
- Knowledge of assembly machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Ability to read and communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong and communicate to management.
- Ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Physical Ability to lift, carry, and/or move objects weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Physical Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Physical Ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Physical Ability to frequently stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb, reach, twist, grasp, and make repetitive hand movements.
- Physical Ability to make fast, simple repetitive movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists.
- Physical Ability to operate pneumatic tools.
Prior automotive and/or manufacturing and supervisory experience
HS Diploma required.
College degree preferred