Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Lear Corporation
- Lead controls department, Support production by reducing downtime with increased quality. Implementation of projects from the prototype to SOP phase. Drive corporate standards program and hardware.
Support Company Growth: Typical duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Support implementation of proven and newly developed automated equipment
- Lead controls designs (Controls requirements, Automation, Integration with LPS)
- Support production to reduce downtime with increased quality
- Develop predictive maintenance indicators to increase reliability and reduce downtime – (CBM)
- Develop PFMECA with defined contingency plan and disaster recovery
- Robust programming skills that do not require babysitting for the life of the program- goal is to support production and work on advancements in automation.
- Develop and implement poka-yokes to improve quality
Drive Company Standards: Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Drive corporate AME control standards and communicate suggested improvements
- Use control standards to develop requirements for automated cells
- Understand and communicate applicable safety standards: general industry (OSHA 1910), machine guarding, robot safety (ANSI/RIA 15.06), automated vehicles, conveyor safety
- Ergo analysis with the use of Human Tech software
- Completion of Risk Assessments on all automated equipment
- Knowledgeable in MS-Office and AutoCAD
- Expert in (RS logix 500, RS logix 5000, Baluff I/O link, and Fanuc robot, programming).
- Ability to read and create electrical drawings
- Ability to create 2D cell layout in AutoCAD
- Coordinate and manage controls systems
- Lead Mentor/train controls tech to support controls production
- Train supervisor, area leaders, production on controls based systems.
- Communicate across cross functional groups
- Support Kaizen projects
Skills and Special Requirements
- PLC, Robotic Programming
- Interfacing automation with LPS/LPS Knowledge
- Controls Communication protocol (devicenet, profibus, ethernet IP, IO link)
- Language-English proficiencies reading text descriptions
- RFID/scanning technologies
- Bachelors degree in engineering or a related field with experience in PLC, Programming, and Allen Bradley
- 3-4 years of experience in the automotive industry
- 3-4 years of experience in a supervisory role