League of Southeastern Credit Unions & Affiliates (LSCU)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
VP, Audit & Compliance
at League of Southeastern Credit Unions & Affiliates (LSCU)
- Birmingham, AL, USA
- Full Time
Representing more than 342 credit unions with more than $118 billion in assets and more than 10.1 million members, the League of Southeastern Credit Unions & Affiliates (LSCU) is the trade association for Alabama, Florida, and Georgia credit unions. It provides advocacy, compliance support, education, training, and information with relevant services and business strategies to support its members in fulfilling their mission. LEVERAGE, the for-profit affiliate of the LSCU, provides best-in-class products and services for credit unions across the country.
CUACG is the largest credit union audit and compliance firm within the Southeast and is made up of credit union experts helping credit unions succeed. As a part of LEVERAGE, CUACG serves only credit unions and is wholly focused on providing value to system partners. CUACG has strong and unique relationships with the NCUA and state regulators and maintain industry specific certifications to ensure the trust placed in its staff to bring relevant and timely insight is well-founded.
Who we are looking for:
A dedicated and energetic leader who will serve as the VP, Audit & Compliance and will work directly with Credit Unions to provide exceptional service and expertise and has experience leading and developing a remote team. The position is responsible for planning and managing all phases of client engagement and/or projects in an effort to ensure quality service is provided in a timely, responsive and efficient manner.
What you'll take ownership of:
- Accurately and thoroughly analyze credit union operations and procedures by performing highly technical audits and management analysis.
- Perform audit work individually or as team audit member based on assignment by supervisor.
- Perform audit reviews for auditing team.
- Inform and guide credit union employees, officers, and committee persons of their duties and responsibilities and the best way to accomplish them.
- Consult with credit union staff, supervisory committees, and Board Members on operational issues.
- Assist credit unions, upon request, with technical problems.
- Keep record of work activities and submit required reports to League office including a summary of contacts, expense reports, and report of activities in assigned area.
- Maintain relationships with federal and state supervisory agencies.
- Conduct or assist in conducting workshops, conferences, and training sessions for credit union personnel, supervisory committees and Board members.
- Promote other League/LEVERAGE programs whenever possible.
- Coach, develop, and provide supervision of Staff Auditors and Senior Auditors.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
Need to haves:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting from an accredited four year institution or equivalent specialized knowledge acquired by education/training required.
- CPA designation preferred.
- 5-7 years of comprehensive experience in a public accounting or similar required.
- Knowledge of laws and regulations pertaining to state/federal credit unions and the ability to detect violations and non-compliance of state/federal rules and regulations.
- Ability to present clear and concise reports, both orally and in written form.
- Ability to positively and proactively manage multiple tasks under tight deadlines and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- High-level analytical and reasoning skills
- Ability to manage and develop staff in a highly interactive environment
- Exceptional client service and communication skills with demonstrated ability to develop and maintain client, vendor, and partner relationships
Love to haves:
- Knowledge and understanding of history, development, and philosophy of credit union movement.
- Extensive travel with over and multiple night stays.
- Valid Driver's License required.
- Airline travel is a job requirement.
This position will be managing and supporting auditors who are responsible for auditing credit unions within an assigned territory and will require extensive travel with multiple overnight stays. A valid driver's license with an acceptable driving history is required.
The LSCU & Affiliates is proud to be an equal opportunity employer offering a team member-centric culture, competitive salaries, and exceptional benefits including:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Paid Holidays
- Flex Spending
- Professional Development
- Tuition Reimbursement
*Employment offers are contingent on drug-screen and background check.