Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at L.B. Foster
L.B. Foster Company, established in 1902, is a leading manufacturer, fabricator, and distributor of products for the transportation, construction, utility, and energy markets. We have recently been recognized for achievement in manufacturing excellence, financial growth, and our impressive safety record. The corporation owns divisions and subsidiaries that supply products to industries requiring rail and rail accessories; sheet, pipe and H piling; bridge decking and highway products; precast concrete buildings; and threaded and coated pipe. L.B. Foster markets its products worldwide. At L.B. Foster, our culture reflects our passion for integrity, accountability and safety. This culture is built on the quality of our workforce and a positive attitude toward continuous improvement, working in a safe environment and customer service.
Responsible for managing the sales of L.B. Foster – Protective Coatings. This multi-site manufacturing services business provides high quality pipe coating application services to the energy, water, and other markets. This position is a player-coach who will not only deploy and manage inside and outside sales resources but also directly call on and sell to new and existing customers. This sales leader will also play a pivotal role in developing and refining strategies to meet or exceed the company annual operating plan. Working with the inside sales team and operations they will identify and track opportunities, build relationships with partners, distributors, and end users, maintain the CRM database, recommend pricing strategies, monitor the competitive situation, develop quotations, define lead times, and enter orders. Ultimately the sales manager is responsible for meeting sales and gross margin goals for the Protective Coating business.
· Work with established accounts and seek new opportunities with prospective customers to increase sales
· Contact regular and prospective customers to recommend and demonstrate services and explain service features
· Manage business activities such as accounts receivables, travel & entertainment
· Assist with the implementation of strategic market plans while generating maximum sales & gross profit for the business
· Assist in creating strategies that meet or exceed on a consistent basis the annual operating and rolling strategic plans
· Answer customer questions about applications, technical issues, available services, prices, availability, and credit terms
· Estimate or quote prices, credit or contract terms, warranties and delivery dates
· Develop, utilize and share market intelligence
Skills, Experience and Education:
· Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or a related field or equivalent experience
· MBA preferred
· 3 years of experience in sales management
· Minimum of 5 years of sales experience
· Industrial experience preferred
· Outside field work will be necessary from time to time, as well as, overnight travel on average of 25%-50% of the time
· Customer entertainment and trade show attendance is required when and where necessary
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.