Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Multicraft Maintenance Technician
at Johns Manville
The Scottsboro, Alabama plant manufactures reinforced TPO roof membrane and a selected number of TPO accessories. The plant takes all components necessary to build a TPO roof and assembles them into a system to ship directly to a distributor or building site. We are currently looking for a talented multi-craft maintenance technician to be a part of a growing business.
- Follow Job Safety Analysis (JSA's), use safe work practices, and reports hazardous conditions. Wear protective clothing & equipment as required.
- Perform routine and non-routine maintenance activities of mechanical and electrical systems.
- Display working knowledge of electrical (single phase and 3 phase), mechanical, hydraulics, and pneumatics systems.
- Install and repair electrical conduit and cable, including connections, controls, grounding, etc.
- Work from electrical and mechanical schematics to troubleshoot or install new or modify existing equipment.
- Perform voltmeter, ammeter, wattmeter and other electrical measurements.
- Inspect equipment and reports on defective part and unsatisfactory conditions to further preventative maintenance program.
- Participate in continuous improvement and Root Cause Corrective Action (RCCA) teams.
This position offers the opportunity for:
- $23.24/Hour Vacation Pay
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Overtime Pay
- Competitive Shift Premium
- Benefits Package: medical, dental and life insurance for employees and their dependents
- 401(k) plan that includes company contributions
- Career Growth Opportunities
- High school diploma or equivalent 5-10 years Multi-craft Maintenance manufacturing experience with knowledge of electrical high/low voltage systems (480v), PLCs, and Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs).
- Strong problem-solving capabilities. Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and handle multiple priorities and projects.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, etc.
- Provides feedback to leadership on critical equipment issues pertaining to safety or operational capabilities.
- Operate shop machinery including lathe, mill, drill press, press brake, band saw, and chop saw among others.
- Fabrication skills, to include oxy acetylene cutting, Arc and MIG welding, and brazing/soldering.
- Ability to disassemble, diagnose, repair, and perform preventative repair measures on mechanical equipment.
- General knowledge of:
- Building lighting systems.
- Building fire suppression systems.
- Lock-tag Clear-try OHSA rules.
- Ability to provide troubleshooting and diagnosis around process and facility heating cooling equipment.
- Associate degree in related technical area.
- Equipment predictive/preventative reliability experience.
- Strong troubleshooting and Root Cause Corrective Action (RCCA) skillsets.
- SAP experience.