Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
JSEG Aerospace Welding Engineer (Senior Level) (AER0000U0)
- Develop welding techniques, procedures, and application of welding equipment to problems involving fabrication of metals, utilizing knowledge of production specifications, properties and characteristics of metals and metal alloys, and engineering principles.
- Conduct research and development investigations to develop and test new fabrication processes and procedures, improve existing or develop new welding equipment, develop new or modify current welding methods, techniques, and procedures, discover new patterns of welding phenomena, or to correlate and substantiate hypotheses.
- Prepare technical reports resulting from research and development.
- Establish welding procedures to guide production and welding personnel relating to specification restrictions, material processes, pre- and post-heating requirements which involve use of complex alloys, unusual fabrication methods, welding of critical joints, and complex post heating requirements.
- Evaluate new developments in welding field for possible application to current welding problems or production processes.
- Direct and coordinate technical personnel in performing inspections to ensure workers' compliance with established welding procedures, restrictions, and standards.
- Exchange ideas, information, or offer technical advice concerning welding matters.
- Perform experimental welding to evaluate new equipment, techniques, and materials.
- Serve as project lead engineer to manage specific assigned customer welding development and manufacturing development projects.
- Help other EM32 W&M Team customers understand and resolve problems related to their welding manufacturing processes.
- JSEG, google YesWeAreRocketScientists.com using your favorite search engine!
- The Huntsville area, visit http://www.Huntsville.org/
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
- Welding Safety.
- Respirator (non-SCBA).
- Confined Space Entry.
- Aerial Lift Operator.
- NASA-STD-5006, “General Fusion Welding Requirements for Aerospace Materials Used in Flight Hardware.”
- MSFC-SPEC-3679, “Process Specification – Welding Aerospace Hardware.”
- ANSI/AWS D17.1/D17.1M:2010-AMD1, “Specification for Fusion Welding for Aerospace Applications.”