Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CAD Interface & Mobile Implementer
at Hexagon PPM
- Req# ID
- Hexagon Safety & Infrastructure US
- # of Openings
- Travel %
Hexagon Safety & Infrastructure provides mission-critical and business-critical solutions to governments and service providers. A global leader, proven innovator, and trusted partner, our software and industry expertise help improve the lives of millions of people through safer communities, better public services, and more reliable infrastructure. Visit hexagonsafetyinfrastructure.com.
Hexagon Safety & Infrastructure is part of Hexagon, a leading global provider of information technologies that drive quality and productivity improvements across geospatial and industrial enterprise applications.
Hexagon’s solutions integrate sensors, software, domain knowledge and customer workfl ows into intelligent information ecosystems that deliver actionable information, automate business processes and improve productivity. They are used in a broad range of vital industries.
Hexagon (Nasdaq Stockholm: HEXA B) has more than 20,000 employees in 50 countries and net sales of approximately 3.1bn USD. Learn more at hexagon.com.
This position will involve interface implementation services with the IPS Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) System. Under minimal supervision this individual will perform the following responsibilities:
- Plan, organize, coordinate and participate in the development and implementation of Mobile solutions and CAD related interfaces to meet internal and external customer objectives
- Provide expertise, support, assistance, ad-hoc consulting and guidance to internal and external customers
- Independently performs responsible analytical work in support of customer and management goals and objectives
- Independently develop required information, including approach and analytical techniques as well as provide sound analyses and recommendations
- Consulting and implementation services with the Intergraph CAD Interfaces and mobile solutions
- Travel to customer sites throughout the US (70%)
- Requirements gathering and documentation
- Installation and testing of the CAD system Interfaces and mobile solutions, as well as making sure the environment is ready for system training, cutover and acceptance
- Provide custom development work where applicable to CAD Interfaces and mobile solutions
- Prior experience with a Windows client/server environment is required
- Prior experience with SQL Server and/or Oracle is desirable
- Prior technical training experience is desirable
- Working knowledge of Visual C++/C#, Visual Studio and the Microsoft Office Suite is required
- Prior experience in public safety/security dispatching environment is desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as presentation skills is required
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS, or related experience is required
- Ability to travel to sites throughout the US to lead and conduct workshops, training classes and other consulting and implementation activities is required
- Comfortable working face to face with customers and providing hands on training
- Must be detail oriented
- Able to analyze a customer's current business processes and recommend best practice solutions
- Strong customer service skills is required
- Ability to create detailed documentation, specific to each customer’s workflow
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills to analyze complex problems evaluate alternatives and make sound independent decisions within established guidelines