Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama, LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Specialist - Plant Engineering (Paint)
at Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama, LLC
# of openings:
Coordinate, monitor, and perform specialized technical processes and related functions directly related to paint activities in the Plant Engineering & Maintenance Department in an automotive manufacturing environment to meet and exceed company goals and objectives. Design, develop, and improve production process equipment and systems.
- Develop, coordinate, and lead activities in the maintenance of all mechanical equipment in the paint department.
- Investigate equipment failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation and provide technical direction and support to identify and troubleshoot problems, develop countermeasures for downtime incidents, and resolve issues.
- Develop, implement, and execute preventative maintenance (PM) plan and schedule in the SAP system.
- Maintain spare parts for mechanical equipment within the SAP system.
- Research, design, evaluate, install, operate, and maintain mechanical equipment, systems, and processes to meet requirements, applying knowledge of engineering principles.
- Interpret engineering drawings, schematic diagrams, or formulas and confer with management or engineering staff to determine quality and reliability standards.
- Provide technical training and guidance to Team Members as needed.
- Develop engineering improvement plan; support and/or lead continuous improvement activities.
- Evaluate data and write reports to validate or indicate deviations from standards.
- Develop, document, and provide technical presentations.
- Administer, coordinate, and comply with all Business Management Systems (BMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and Safety Management Systems (SMS) requirements.
- Meet all other requirements as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or equivalent preferred
- 0 – 10 years job related experience desired
- 3 – 5 years job related experience in automotive manufacturing mass production paint process preferred
Skills / Knowledge
- MS Word
- MS Excel
- MS PowerPoint
- SAP desired
- Ability to use Computer Aided Design – AutoCAD
Position may require occasional travel (domestic or foreign). Flexibility in working hours to include weekends, holidays, and off shift. Position may require on-call duty or overtime due to overall responsibility.
“PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT PHOTOS OR RESUMES WITH PHOTOS IN RESPONSE TO THIS JOB POSTING. THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION.”