Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama, LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Specialist - Parts Development - Buyer (Chassis/Safety)
at Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama, LLC
# of openings:
Responsible for purchasing activities relating to cost, quality and service for production parts at HMMA.
- Select, develop and manage supply base for production parts, components, and systems by:
- Preparing Requests for Quotation (RFQ) for multi-year full production quantities
- Negotiating long term agreements
- Maintaining competitive pricing
- Leading yearly cost reduction activities
- Monitoring supplier quality and delivery performance
- Formulate and implement yearly commodity and supply base strategy.
- Work closely with supplier to optimize supplier processes.
- Explore available technology and implement best practices related to purchasing activities.
- Evaluate part designs with engineering, quality, and suppliers to obtain optimum efficiencies.
- Plan, organize, track and disseminate information related to production suppliers.
- Maintain up-to-date supply base information database.
- Administer, coordinate, and comply with all Business Management System (BMS), Environmental Management System (EMS), and Safety Management System (SMS) requirements.
- Meet all other requirements as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent desired
- 0-10 years of job related experience preferred
- OEM or parts components supplier experience preferred
Skills / Knowledge
- MS Word
- MS Access
- SAP preferred
- Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) designation preferred
Position may require occasional travel (domestic or foreign). Flexibility in working hours to include weekends, holidays, and off shift. Position may require on-call duty or overtime due to overall responsibility.
“PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT PHOTOS OR RESUMES WITH PHOTOS IN RESPONSE TO THIS JOB POSTING. THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION.”