Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama, LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Specialist - Legal (Paralegal)
at Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama, LLC
# of openings:
Team Member who performs substantive legal work under the supervision of HMMA legal counsel.
- Develop preventative maintenance plan in the SAP system.
- Drafts pleadings, contracts, corporate documents and discovery responses.
- Gathers, organizes, summarizes and indexes documents from various sources.
- Assists with updating litigation developments on all cases in the Electronic Legal Management System.
- Prepares regular litigation status reports detailing all anticipated and pending claims against the company.
- Assists with internal company audits.
- Interviews witnesses and assists with investigations on matters of legal significance.
- Assists with internal training of other Team Members on compliance related matters
- Conducts legal research and prepares memoranda of law.
- Prepares and files UCC Financing Statements.
- Reviews insurance requirements and ensures certificate compliance.
- Represents the company at administrative hearings.
- Makes recommendations regarding litigation strategy.
- Recommends and plans departmental objectives.
- Updates and monitors docket deadlines and other time-sensitive matters.
- Formulates and implements departmental policies and procedures.
- Reviews factual information to prepare estimates on value of legal claims.
- Performs duties as assigned by General Counsel, Legal coordinator, and Corporate Counsel.
- Always display exemplary ethical behavior, including: (1) being free of undue influence and conflicts of interest; (2) strictly complying with HMMA policies and procedures; (3) being honest, transparent, and accountable; (4) report all known illegal or unethical behavior; and (5) protecting confidential information.
- Administer, coordinate, and comply with all Business Management System (BMS), Environmental Management System (EMS), and Safety Management System (SMS) requirements.
- Meet all other requirements as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree desired
- 1 – 5 years of job related experience desired
- 3 years of experience as a paralegal preferred
Skills / Knowledge
- MS Word
- MS Excel
- MS PowerPoint
- Forensic Software
- Paralegal Certificate preferred
Position may require occasional travel (domestic or foreign). Flexibility in working hours to include weekends, holidays, and off shift. Position may require on-call duty or overtime due to overall responsibility.
“PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT PHOTOS OR RESUMES WITH PHOTOS IN RESPONSE TO THIS JOB POSTING. THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION.”