Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama, LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Specialist (Bilingual) - Paint (Process Engineering)
at Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama, LLC
# of openings:
Technical specialist for paint process. Coordinate, monitor, and perform specialized processes/related functions in an automotive manufacturing environment directly related to paint process engineering. Job requirements include the analysis and improvement of current production processes and coordination of new model and tooling launches.
- Conduct research that tests and analyzes the feasibility, design, operation, and performance of equipment, components, and systems.
- Review/Implement any changes in process/material for cost reduction and/or quality improvement.
- Study/Recommend/Implement changes to reduce defects in material, method, workmanship, machine, environment, and measurement.
- Coordinate quality control objectives and activities to resolve production problems, maximize product reliability, and minimize cost.
- Plan and establish sequence of operations to assemble parts/products and to promote efficient utilization.
- Issue/Revise Standard Work Instruction Sheet.
- Participate in Cross Functional Teams (CFT) and other problem solving teams as directed by senior management.
- Serve as a technical expert for Team Members, Team Leaders, and Group Leaders including technical training, as required.
- Investigate project feasibility, scope, and schedule; create process plans, bid packages, and project specifications.
- Report current projects, progress, and issues to senior management. Prepare daily, weekly, and monthly quality tracking reports and analysis. Prepare presentations and reports as required.
- Provide bilingual services including written translations (including daily, weekly, monthly reports) and interactive translation for verbal conversations and/or meetings; review finished materials form completeness, accuracy, format, and appropriate English or Korean language usage.
- Administer, coordinate, and comply with all Business Management System (BMS), Environmental Management System (EMS), and Safety Management System (SMS) requirements.
- Meet all other requirements as assigned.
- MS Word
- MS Excel
- MS PowerPoint
- Bilingual – ability to speak, read and write English and Korean fluently, along with the ability to work closely with diverse cultures
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Engineering desired
- 0 – 10 years of job related experience preferred
- Experience in automotive manufacturing preferred
Position may require occasional travel (domestic or foreign). Flexibility in working hours to include weekends, holidays, and off shift. Position may require on-call duty or overtime due to overall responsibility.
“PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT PHOTOS OR RESUMES WITH PHOTOS IN RESPONSE TO THIS JOB POSTING. THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION.”