Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama, LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Group Leader - Plant Engineering (Stamping)
at Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama, LLC
# of openings:
Supervise maintenance Team Members in various manufacturing/quality areas performing a variety of mechanical and electrical functions such as corrective, scheduled, and preventative maintenance on manufacturing process equipment including air compressors, HVAC units, pumps and motor controls, stamping presses, welding systems, coding application equipment, transferring conveyor systems, machining centers, robotics, and other high-tech automated equipment in an automotive manufacturing environment.
- Direct and coordinate the activities of multiple Team Members engaged in the production of automotive vehicles and their respective areas.
- Establish and maintain proper maintenance procedures including sound predictive and preventative maintenance.
- Observe work and monitor work processes to ensure that Team Members conform to maintenance standards.
- Demonstrate equipment operations and work & safety procedures to Team Members.
- Plan and establish work schedules and maintenance to eliminate production downtime related to equipment operation.
- Use independent judgment and discretion in assigning, distributing, and coordinating the work of the team, as appropriate.
- Ensure quantity and/or quality of work is completed within a given timeframe based on Team Members’ skills, availability, and length of service.
- Implement corrective action in accordance with HMMA policy.
- Accountable for the performance of the team.
- Address or direct Team Member grievances/complaints for proper resolution.
- Attend management-only meetings.
- Participate in hiring and promotion activities as appropriate.
- Participate in probationary evaluations and other evaluations of Team Members and provide recommendations as appropriate.
- Confer with other supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments.
- Ensure Team Members adhere to HMMA’s policies and procedures.
- Ensure time input is properly completed and ensure other tasks are completed as required.
- Undertake special assignments as required by management.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with Team Members and management.
- Administer, coordinate, and comply with all Business Management System (BMS), Environmental Management System (EMS), and Safety Management System (SMS) requirements.
- Meet all other requirements as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree desired.
- 1 – 5 years job related experience desired.
- 5 – 10 years maintenance experience preferred.
Skills / Knowledge:
- MS Word
- MS Excel