Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama, LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Corporate Counsel - Legal
at Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama, LLC
# of openings:
Staff Attorney who supports General Counsel and Legal Coordinator in handling HMMA legal matters. Coordinates with Paralegal and Legal Secretary to accomplish departmental objectives.
- Advises company on day-to-day employment law issues to ensure company complies with various employment laws, including Title VII, Section 1981, FMLA, ADA, AADEA, and OSHA.
- Independently handles a variety of litigation, arbitration, and mediation matters for the company (with emphasis on employment litigation and workers’ compensation cases).
- Advises company on labor law matters.
- Advises company on medical leave issues and workers’ compensation matters.
- Assist the company with drafting various company policies and procedures.
- Negotiates, drafts, and reviews a wide variety of contracts.
- Conducts internal training on employment law compliance matters.
- Researches legal issues.
- Drafts memoranda to General Counsel, Legal Coordinator, executives, or Team Members in response to Requests for Legal Services.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by the General Counsel and Legal Coordinator.
- Always display exemplary ethical behavior, including: (1) being free of undue influence and conflicts of interest; (2) strictly complying with HMMA policies and procedures; (3) being honest, transparent, and accountable; (4) report all known illegal or unethical behavior; and (5) protecting confidential information.
- Administer, coordinate, and comply with all Business Management System (BMS), Environmental Management System (EMS), and Safety Management System (SMS) requirements.
- Meet all other assignments as required.
- Juris Doctor Degree from an ABA-accredited Law School required
- Excellent academic credentials (Top 20% of law school class preferred; Law Review and/or legal periodical preferred)
- 10 – 15 years of job related experience preferred
- 6 – 8 years experience with concentration in labor and employment law. Independently handles a variety of litigation, arbitration, and mediation matters for the company (with emphasis on employment litigation and workers’ compensation cases).
Skills / Knowledge
- MS Word
- MS Excel
Position may require occasional travel (domestic or foreign). Flexibility in working hours to include weekends, holidays, and off shift. Position may require on-call duty or overtime due to overall responsibility.
“PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT PHOTOS OR RESUMES WITH PHOTOS IN RESPONSE TO THIS JOB POSTING. THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION.”