Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama, LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Manager - Finance (Tax)
at Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama, LLC
Job Reference #: 1547
# of openings:
Performs activities associated with the accurate compilation, analysis, and reporting of tax data. Prepares and directs the gathering and reporting of tax
information in an automotive manufacturing environment. Oversees tax filings and general ledger accounts related to tax. Manages and interprets external
requests and prepares tax reports for presentation to senior management. Supervises professional tax accounting Team Members.
- Manage the workload of the tax group, including month-end closings, development of budgets, forecasts, financials, and day-to-day tasks.
- Gather data, prepare, and file income, payroll, franchise, sales, and use and property tax returns.
- Manage, prepare, and submit financial data on a timely and accurate basis.
- Coordinate financial reporting; prepare monthly analysis and financial reports; assist in the preparation of monthly reporting requirements to corporate office.
- Interpret and render advice and/or analytical analysis regarding tax issues.
- Serve as a key source of knowledge related to Federal Income Tax – 1120s; 263A, M1 and M3 schedules.
- Collect data and develop models.
- Develop tax forecasts and spending plans.
- Identify tax risks and cost impacts.
- Identify tax reduction opportunities.
- Provide ad hoc tax data and reports as required by various internal customer departments.
- Lead/participate on a variety of teams in order to complete special projects.
- Communicate operational accounting policy to different levels of management in the company.
- Interact with key suppliers and management on tax issues.
- Interact and coordinate requirements and activities with government and external auditors.
- Provide training guidance, development, and problem solving to tax group.
- Administer, coordinate, and comply with all Business Management System (BMS), Environmental Management System (EMS), and Safety Management
- System (SMS) requirements.
- Meet all other requirements as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Accounting desired
- 5 – 10 years of job related experience desired
Skills / Knowledge
- MS Excel
- MS PowerPoint
- CPA certification preferred
Position may require occasional travel (domestic or foreign). Flexibility in working hours to include weekends, holidays, and off shift. Position may require on-call duty or overtime due to overall responsibility.
“PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT PHOTOS OR RESUMES WITH PHOTOS IN RESPONSE TO THIS JOB POSTING. THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION.”