Huntsville Memorial Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mammography Technologist - Radiology - Mammography
at Huntsville Memorial Hospital
Radiology - Mammography
- AHA - BLS
- ARRT (M)
- ARRT (R) (M)
- 1 year of experience required
Performsmammographic procedures according to departmental protocol as requested byphysicians' orders. Complies withestablished organization and departmental policies, procedures, objectives,quality assessment, and mammography quality control. Assists in maintaining a safe workingenvironment related to patients ranging in ages from adolescent, adult, togeriatric.
- Graduate of a two-year accredited program in radiology.
- Additional 40 hours of formal training in mammography.
- CPR certified.
- ARRT registered
- An advanced registry inmammography from the ARRT. (R)(M) required.
- ARRT with at least one year of experience as a diagnostic radiologic technologist preferred.
- Supervised performanceof 250 mammograms.
- Able to read, write and speak English.
V. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Operates the mammography unit. Adjusts technical factors in proportion to the patient being examined while minimizing radiation and reviews digital images for proper positioning, technique, and identification.
- Greets patients and confirms their identification. Assumes care and responsibility for patient undergoing the exam and maintains that responsibility until the patient is released from the department.
- Records the patients' history, unusual conditions and/or limitations. Records the technique used, the time of the exam, and any other relevant information.
- Labels the mammogramimages as required by ACR.
- Performs and documentsall testing associated with ACR/FDA Regulations, including quality controltesting.
- Performs visualpreventive safety inspections on imaging equipment and reports dangerousdepartment or equipment conditions.
- Ensures that exams areproperly charged according to departmental procedures.
- Performs officeprocedures, transports patients, and assists referring physicians in locatingfilms and reports.
- Keeps current on stateand federal regulations and provides radiation protection to patient, staff,and self according to prescribed safety standards (i.e., FDA, ACR, MQSA).
- Screens patientinformation to determine if an exam will be a screening versus adiagnostic. This information will bepresented to the radiologist for a decision.
- Maintains records ofoutside mammograms; log-in and log-out.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Lifting 50pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to25 pounds
MACHINES TOOLS, EQUIPMENT, AND WORK AIDES
- X-ray equipment
- Dry Laser Film Printer
- Film Digitizer